Newegg RMA (motherboard)

I plan to RMA my retail mobo P5B dlx/wifi back to Newegg. Do I need to pack everything up that comes with the box? Because when I chat with them, I asked twice if they are going to send me a new one or refurbished. The first answer was “you will need to send back everything and we will inspect bla bla”, the second answer was “we will send a working item”. :rolleyes:

So you guys who’ve done RMA from newegg, did you get a new retail item or not? I hate to pack everything and get something refurbished with some missing item(s).

I would send it back the way you received it or they will not accept it.

Did you look on their site to see if they had new retail ones or all of them refubs?

I have had to send a few DVD burners back to newegg and received the same as what i ordered originally.

I looked and they have only retail new. They have open box but not the wifi.

I have had to send a few DVD burners back to newegg and received the same as what i ordered originally.
I’m sure they will send the same item but my concern is whether they send new or refurbished or open box?

If they request everything goes back to them you will have to send it all back to get them to do anything. You know what i mean?

I have always sent back everything that came with it and have always gotten back a new item.

I didn’t think they sent back referbs from RMA’s but who knows.