Newegg Price Drop $66.99 for 1620

Holy smokes! It never fails, I just bought one last week, and now the price drops. $66.99 plus $4 shipping, $70.99 delivered from Newegg for the beige model. $2 more for black.

No reason for anyone not to own one now…

@Henry
How much did it drop?
Just curious.

And just think you can get a Plextor716A at bestbuy for just 179.99 plus tax! :Z

They were $81 shipped.

Just think of it as renting it for 2$ a day until the price drop :wink:

I got mine at circuit city with a staples pricematch for 72.99 cash (staples price - 10%). They wouldn’t give me the slip for the 50$ rebate but they forgot it was on their website and I printed it out that evening. They didn’t forget for too long, the internet rebate form was gone the next day.

Nice price for an amazing drive. :slight_smile:

cheaper shipped price for the black version available:
http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=search&item=27-101-631
68.99 with free fedex saver shipping

I ordered mine from MWave.com last night for 76.00 (Retail version) and I must say I am quite pleased with MWave’s service I received an email before noon today notifying me that they had allready shipped the drive I even have the fedex tracking number allready. now that is fast.

Dam! I just got one 2 weeks ago… When ever I buy anything the price goes down a week later

I must say I am quite pleased with MWave’s service I received an email before noon today notifying me that they had allready shipped the drive I even have the fedex tracking number allready. now that is fast.

:a Be very careful with purchasing computer components from Mwave.com. I had used them for about a year until I found out they have shady business practices. They apply their own sticker with serial numbers on motherboards over the manufacturers sticker serial number. I returned a defective motherboard to them and they actually sent back to me a motherboard that I had returned to them a month before. I wrote down the motherboard serial numbers is how I knew they sent me a motherboard that I returned to them earlier. I had to return 4 motherboards to them not ONCE but 4 times for various defects.

I demanded a full refund including the shipping costs. They tried to play hardball with me but in the end justice was served. All shipping costs were refunded to me. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for their shady business practices. On the BBB site I found out Mwave.com has had numerous complaints regarding defective merchandise and refunds. I no longer order anything from Mwave.com. NEWEGG.COM gets all my business from now on! :slight_smile:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER430 WATT
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA-133 PCI CONTROLLER CARD

Dam! I just got one 2 weeks ago… When ever I buy anything the price goes down a week later

Ain’t that the truth

DVD Addict,

thanks for the heads up I didnt know about that I generally order all my stuff from Newegg but Newegg doesnt have the retail box of the BenQ 1620. I was allready begining to wonder about them after reciving a email from them this morning claiming my order has allready shipped I find when I go to the fedex tracking that Fed EX says they do not yet have posession of the package only the delivery info.

This is fairly normal in my experience with ‘most’ online shopping. The tracking # they email you is just the label they put on the box. When the box with the label is actually scanned by a bar code reader and is on it’s way to you is an entirely different story
:wink:

Ya never ever buy the latest, greatest…and if you do, never look at pricing it again. It’ll break your heart. I bought a monster pc 6 years ago which cost me $3k. Within 6 months it was $1.2k. :frowning:

OOPs I should point out it was an I/O magic IDVD16DD which says it Benq on the data plate and flashes to a BenQ1620 B firmware