Newegg has the new Sammy 22x SATA OEM ODD

vbimport

Here.

I think Dr.Who was looking for this…tempting to me also.

Thanks for the post KTL.

Edit:
ok i’m in for one…

I hope this one does better with TYG03 than the four 203B’s I have…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151171

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/ne-has-s223f-245228/

I ordered one yesterday.

Hmmm Sigh :frowning:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2060761]Hmmm Sigh :([/QUOTE]Why so sad Burnsama? I know your in for one?

Think I’m going to have to pass of this drive for the time being unless some media Mfg. comes out with
some killer media that will do an excellent burn @22x. The 20x Sammys do a bad enough job @20x on
16x media let alone trying to do a 22x burn on the same 16x stuff. Why do we really need a 22x burner
when most of us here burn our 16x media @12x or 8x anyway on our 20x drives. :confused:

[QUOTE=Bob;2060102]I think Dr.Who was looking for this…tempting to me also.

Thanks for the post KTL.

Edit:
ok i’m in for one…[/QUOTE]

Yes I am and thanks to the OP for posting this.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2060861]Yes I am and thanks to the OP for posting this.[/QUOTE]Mine is coming from Memphis so i should have it by Wednesday. I took the cheap shipping :bigsmile: It shipped today.

[QUOTE=getit29;2060859]Why do we really need a 22x burner
when most of us here burn our 16x media @12x or 8x anyway on our 20x drives. :confused:[/QUOTE]Can only be a selling thing. For someone that don’t know much and they are going to pick up a new burner they think that a 22x burner is much better than a 20x burner. The bad thing is that many drive companies tend to abond the old product line and not releasing much new firmwares for the old ones. I was hoping that there was a speed limit and that they could focus on improved firmwares instead of releasing even faster writers.

If I read old posts there was much talk about a physical limit on how fast you could make this plastic disc to spin before it crashed and destroyed the writer.

@ Bob, I just now saw this thread so mine will ship tomorrow, so it looks like Thursday maybe for me but no rush. As for the better burns @22x it’s really not about that too much. I had great 20x burns from the LG55l I have and they were playable too with no issues. I don’t go by scans too much though it is fun to scan and see but it isn’t made to solely depend on that if the disc is worth keeping. Far as the media. I know some verbatims can burn easily at 20x not sure how the 22x will turn out.

T02’s burn good with my 203B at 20x so i’m wondering how well they will do at 22x with this 223F :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah i don’t burn much over rated speed for my keepers. The Sammys are great readers. And i said this when i got my 203B …this will probably be my last DVD burner :doh: :bigsmile:

The LG 22x PATA drive i did pass on. I haven’t bought a PATA drive since my LG H42N. No more PATA’s for me.

I gave up on PATA’s as well this is supposed to be the last year to make such I hear? Overburns are just for fun to me.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2060876]I gave up on PATA’s as well [B]this is supposed to be the last year to make such I hear? [/B]Overburns are just for fun to me.[/QUOTE]I have no idea and yes overspeeding is just a hobby :iagree:

$29.99+ free shipping, you know I ordered one;)

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2060890]$29.99+ free shipping, you know I ordered one;)[/QUOTE]:doh: it’s free shipping now…crap if i would have just waited one more day :doh::doh::doh: :bigsmile: oh well…

Go get em’ guys. Thanks for the update on the free shipping Jim. And yeah i figured your in for one also :bigsmile:

Oops sorry Bob I thought I mentioned free shipping? That’s why I jumped now instead of waited.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2060892]Oops sorry Bob I thought I mentioned free shipping? That’s why I jumped now instead of waited.[/QUOTE]:stuck_out_tongue: i would have saved $7 :doh: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2060891]:doh: it’s free shipping now…crap if i would have just waited one more day :doh::doh::doh: :bigsmile: oh well…

Go get em’ guys. Thanks for the update on the free shipping Jim. And yeah i figured your in for one also :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Don’t feel too bad Bob… I jumped the gun last week and bought the LG GH22N! And while the LG seems to burn decently, it reads almost at a snails pace… and more against what I initially intended, it was PATA while my Mobo is morer geared to SATA and only has one IDE slot.

Damnnnn… should’ve waited and I could’ve gotten this instead… :a:(

You always wait for free shipping on burners at NewEgg. That’s just the way it is.