NewEgg Anygood?

Was thinking about buying a DVD burner from them…how do they rate as a internet dealer?

thanks

They are far and away the best there is.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
They are far and away the best there is.

ResellerRatings.com easily confirms that.

The best prices, fast delivery (sometimes free), it doesn’t get much better than that. :iagree:

Newegg is one of the best. :iagree:

Everything I order is from NewEgg. I just ordered a new video card Thursday night and it will be at my door step by Tuesday. They are the greatest…

VB9999

Thanks all, I’m curious as to a few other things…

I got a 811 @ bestbuy last week, obviously, a little too much $$ compared to NewEgg, but it’s a 811s, built in Jan.

My fears…

1. It will be the other one, non 811, the 851s (I think I read here it uses cheaper parts), or I could get the newer 851S and still save almost $40 compared to what I spent at best buy.

2. It’s not as easy to return…if it doesn’t work.

3. For the price I paid, I could get the Plextor 408? But hey this is a Lite-On forum (grin) and I really like the drive…

retroz…

After rebates(if u can deal with that rebate crap)…prices are better than newegg(since best buys does rebates on select dvdburners every week).

Newegg is indeed the best online retailer of pc parts though. They are the ones i primarily purchase from.
Quick shipment, 3 days usually…I live in the East coast…so thats pretty damn good since Newegg is on the other side of the country. Prompt service and easy returns(only had to do an exchange once in the last couple yrs…flaky motherboard). Competitive prices…though not the best…they are usually just a tad bit over the best prices you can find…but its worth purchasing from them just to avoid getting screwed by other online retailers.

1. 851s works fine…works great for me…even though mines is a 451s@851s.
    It was supposed to be a 411s when i purchased it…but when i opened the box…it was a 451s. No major problems and it burns great.

2. Return where? Best buys?..if its defective…just return the thing…no issues so long has u don’t have a history of returning everything to them. Newegg?..just as easy…send them email or give them a call…they respond promptly to any issues and will accept any legitimate returns…u pay shipping back though.(If you screwed up u’re drive doing some hacks…make sure you cover u’re tracks :stuck_out_tongue: Shouldn’t be a problem in the first place if u know how to update things properly)

edit: Make sure your drive works…test it thoroughly before cutting out the upc’s for rebates…once rebates are in…retailers won’t accept returns and u’re stuck dealing with Liteon support(is there such a thing? :wink: )

1. When i bought my 451s over 2 months ago…it was 80 bux after rebates. The 8x burners are now going for 80 bux after rebates…more often its 100 bux though…
    Theres no way in hell you can get a good plextor for that kind of money…no comparison. They are entirely in different price ranges.

If you like to stick with local retailers you can get the Norcent DWD-840 which is a LiteOn 811S for $119.99.
So it should just be a rebadged LiteOn. You just have to flash the firmware (with LtnFW.exe) from Norcent FW to LiteOn FW to make it “official” (warning can possibly void warranty). :smiley:

Originally posted by Keius
[B]retroz…

1. When i bought my 451s over 2 months ago…it was 80 bux after rebates. The 8x burners are now going for 80 bux after rebates…more often its 100 bux though…
    Theres no way in hell you can get a good plextor for that kind of money…no comparison. They are entirely in different price ranges. [/B]

I needed my CD ROM for a project last week and my Sony died, I therefore in a panic, knowing just enough to know that Lite-On was a good brand (better than HP in my op, etc), I went to Best Buy and the Lite On was $159, plus tax ($13 or so, total, $173…

So, go to newegg and see what $173 will buy you… (grin), a few more bucks, 5 to be exact, and I have a 708, true?

PPS. I still think newegg has the best deal $108 out the door, especially of 12X is about to debut in the next 6 months or so and the 811 writes +R at X8 times.

So I think I’m going to go that route…unless Best Buy Matches (I thinketh not…)

Forget BestBuy… NewEgg rocks… If your looking for good deals, check out pricematch.com… But be wary of some scam vendors that try to make you buy extended warranties and other rubbish…

New Egg is Great! Although they may be a $1 or 2 more on occasion from the cheapest places out there, I would rather pay that extra $2 than deal with those cheapo places with no customer service, except to try the bait and switch on you. WHen you read the reseller ratings, you’ll know that there probably isn’t a better place on the internet. And yes, the shipping is FAST! I usually have my order within 3 days, and I live on the east coast.

I’d rather be able to walk/drive to a store to purchase/return parts. But I have a local retailer that is just about as cheap as any online competition so…

Originally posted by thefoolisme
New Egg is Great! Although they may be a $1 or 2 more on occasion from the cheapest places out there, I would rather pay that extra $2 than deal with those cheapo places with no customer service, except to try the bait and switch on you. WHen you read the reseller ratings, you’ll know that there probably isn’t a better place on the internet. And yes, the shipping is FAST! I usually have my order within 3 days, and I live on the east coast.

Um. NewEgg ships from CA, TN, and NJ. The shipping-from-NJ part is probably why east coast orders are often just as fast as west coast. :slight_smile: Even so, I LOVE the fact that they use FedEx Express, not Ground which generally means that unless it’s fairly close, it’ll ship by air.