Newegg 10% off with promo code BHDFEB17, ends 2/17 on Samsung,Verbatim,H.P,... select items(Verbs duals 20 for $22.49)

vbimport

SALE theVerbs are the real deal of this sale,the other stuff :rolleyes: most CDFreaks will pass on :cool:

I stole this from Selma@S.D.:wink:

Would those 2.4X be pretty much guaranteed to be Singapore?

[QUOTE=burtran;2494885]Would those 2.4X be pretty much guaranteed to be Singapore?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Looking around it seems that some people have been happy with the FTI FalconMedia Pro DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01).
Are those comparable to the Verbs? SMS has them on sale. Worth trying or should I just stick with the Singapore Verbs??

[QUOTE=burtran;2494901]Looking around it seems that some people have been happy with the FTI FalconMedia Pro DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01).
Are those comparable to the Verbs? SMS has them on sale. Worth trying or should I just stick with the Singapore Verbs??[/QUOTE]
Here is something to think about :slight_smile:
burned at 4x

[QUOTE=burtran;2494901]Looking around it seems that some people have been happy with the FTI FalconMedia Pro DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01).
Are those comparable to the Verbs? SMS has them on sale. Worth trying or should I just stick with the Singapore Verbs??[/QUOTE]

The FalconMedia Pro DLs are good and are comparable to Verbs, although they can vary a bit more in quality.

BTW, stay away from the regular FalconMedia DLs. Those are not the Pro version of their media, and they are crap. Only buy FalconMedia PRO. If it doesn’t say PRO then stay away.

Jamescooley1, Negritude;
Thanks much for the information. Will pick up some of the verbs and may pick up some of those FalconMedia before the sale is over.
That’s a mighty fine scan.

I’m very happy with my FTI PRO DVD+R DL RICOHJPN D01 discs they burn as good as if not a
little better than the Verbatim discs I was using before and they are cheaper also but as negritude
said make sure you get the PRO discs.

[QUOTE=burtran;2494928]Jamescooley1, Negritude;
Thanks much for the information. Will pick up some of the verbs and may pick up some of those FalconMedia before the sale is over.
That’s a mighty fine scan.[/QUOTE]
I am glad Negritude mentioned only go with the Pro!

Jamescooley1:
What burner did you use to burn that disc?

Negritude:
What is the difference between the Pro and standard line?
Is it like the Premium and Value Line of TY?

[QUOTE=burtran;2494942]Jamescooley1:
What burner did you use to burn that disc?

An I would also like to know what software and speed you burned this at. Thanks…]

[QUOTE=burtran;2494942]What is the difference between the Pro and standard line? Is it like the Premium and Value Line of TY?[/QUOTE]

Not even close. The non-Pro discs are labeled “For Corporate Use” and the Pro discs are labeled “For Professional Use”. The non-Pro discs burn like crap. They are not made to the same standards. The non-Pro discs burn coasters. When they don’t burn coasters they burn like Memorex DL. Stay away! I’ve bought them and tested them, so I know what I’m talking about. Just stay away! You’ve been warned!

One more time:

Falcon Pro (Professional) = Verbatim DL Quality

Falcon (Corporate) = Memorex DL Quality

I can’t make it any clearer than that.

Obviously, Falcon does something different when they make media using their Pro standards because they use existing MIDs like TTH02 and RICOHJPN D01, but they burn far better than anyone else. When it’s non-Pro then they’re making it the same cheap and crappy way that everyone else does. Avoid those!

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2494918]Here is something to think about :slight_smile:
burned at 4x[/QUOTE]
Burned with ImgBurn @4x with Optiarc AD-7200S/1.Z3. I switched RICOHJPN D01 with MKM 003
here is another. Trust me, they all (Burns) look similar to this.

So, where do you get these FalconMedia Pro DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01)? I’m willing to give’em a try. The scans look excellent. I use to love RICOHJPN 01 media back in the day, regular DVD5 4x media. Maxell and others use to use them 6-7 yrs. ago.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2496211]So, where do you get these FalconMedia Pro DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D01)? I’m willing to give’em a try. The scans look excellent.[/QUOTE]

SuperMediaStore and CD Dimensions is where most of us have bought them from in the states, but Meritline has them as well, I think.

[QUOTE=negritude;2496250]SuperMediaStore and CD Dimensions is where most of us have bought them from in the states, but Meritline has them as well, I think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.:flower:

could only find the white inkjet printables for $5+ a pop at CD Dimensions. But I found these: