vbimport

I found this forum from the DVDFAB website, I am having some trouble with DVDFAB and went looking for a place that might lead me to a computer smart person, so here I am…lol I d.l DVDFAB and when I tried to copy/burn a movie I kept getting an error message…Reading/Writing Error Error while writing! Please choose what to do? Retry/Abort I can’t get passed it I got so frustrated I uninstalled the software, but the thing is I would really like to hve it…lol I just bought a HP laptop, it came with Vista so not sure if that is what is causing the program not to work, I have used earlier versions with XP and had no problems what so ever…So with that said could some one PLEASE help me…

“HannonLe”
Legolas

Welcome to the board, check out the “Copy DVD Movie” section, there is a whole section dedicated to DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Legolas21;2037698]I found this forum from the DVDFAB website, I am having some trouble with DVDFAB and went looking for a place that might lead me to a computer smart person, so here I am…lol I d.l DVDFAB and when I tried to copy/burn a movie I kept getting an error message…Reading/Writing Error Error while writing! Please choose what to do? Retry/Abort I can’t get passed it I got so frustrated I uninstalled the software, but the thing is I would really like to hve it…lol I just bought a HP laptop, it came with Vista so not sure if that is what is causing the program not to work, I have used earlier versions with XP and had no problems what so ever…So with that said could some one PLEASE help me…

"HannonLe"
Legolas[/QUOTE]

Try doing a clean uninstall of the program you can find how to do it in a link located in stormjumpers signature and you can find his signature in another thread somewhere. After the clean uninstall redownload and install and hopefully this will fix your problem

I did a clean uninstall, and tried to reinstall, even tried with an older movie kept getting same error message, only thing I can think of is that DVDFAB is NOT compatible with Vista, cause I never had trouble till I got Vista.

Using FAB on Vista Ultimate and Business without problems. Also using FAB on my laptop with no problems there either.

Is this error with only one movie or with several movies?

No issues for me either on Vista 32 or 64 bit with DVDFAB ultimate or HP or business.

I have tried other movies and get same error message, I am not sure what Vista 32 or 64 bit is, so you lost me there…lol
I have a Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H ATA Device.
Also the error message says "…Reading/Writing Error
Error while writing!
Please choose what to do?
Retry/Abort "

I have tried retry more then once, but my finger gets tired of hitting the button constantly. I am at a lose when I bought this laptop I had the Geek Squad at Best Buy take a bunch of trial junk off, I can watch movie, that I go rent and buy, but having kids I need to back up the ones I buy and have never had trouble before, I have read over the suggestions that have come thru and have followed them all and still DVDFAB doesn’t work, any more ideas would be great.

HannonLe
Legolas

In common settings pathplayer check disable pathplayer. Also the clean un install you did was it the link in stormjumper signature. If not I suggest doing it again and follow his advice word for word. The retry/abort I believe will not happen if you disable pathplayer but I do not recomend that as the default setting works for me on both vista and xp. EDIT: A laptop with vista I believe will not be 64bit but I can be wrong

This sounds more like a drive problem or possibly a conflict with other software on the machine to me. I have a 64-bit Vista Ultimate HP laptop. DVDFab runs fine.

I also run Vista and DvdFab with no issues.

Methinks signals is on the right path with a drive issue or software conflict.

IMO, my good friend signals is correct as always…

I think this might be an…all too typical…crappy, hp firmware, support issue.
With any luck, this could be a liteon burner with horrible hp firmware

Are you by chance using -R blank media?
Please try verbatim DVD+R media, the regular SL discs (dvd5, 4.7 MB, which are really 4.38 MB btw). You can get 'em anywhere…bestbuy, circuit city, office max, etc., etc.
You should bitset to DVD-ROM, but we can get to that in a minute.

Download and install nero cd-dvd speed…link in my sig
It’s a free and very useful utlility and will give us much of the info we need to help you.
Put one of your blank discs in your burner, open nero cd-dvd speed, click
[B]Disc Info[/B].
This will display your burner, make, model, firmware and the blank media code (MID). In this example, one of the verb blanks I mentioned is displayed.
Post the attachment as below.

There are a variety of ways to bitset, both automatically…(depending upon the specific burner) and manually.
For now, simply click [B]Extra[/B] in nero > [B]Bitsetting[/B].
See below.

You also may consider flashing your firmware (once your burner is ID’d) to something more useful. A word of caution however, this will void any manufacturer’s warranty.

Ok now your really talking computer jargin to me…lol I am more then willing to give out my IM addy to be able to talk right then and there, instead of waiting for replies, not trying to sound rude, but I would need to be able to ask questions right then and there,I am not up to changing anything under systems without being walked thru it at the time, I am not worried about warranty, I have my pc covered with military insurance, I just want to go thru all my options before I throw this laptop out the window…lol Um but just in case someone is willing to go threw it with me in real time, I will be back online after my daughters martial arts class, so about an hour and fifteen mins, I live in washington state so time now is 620pm so about 745 is when I should be back.

Thank you to ev1 that has givin their ideas. I will need all the help you guys can give.
Legolas

Ok I installed the Nero speed but I am not getting the same pop up window you showed me in your last reply, something is not right with my laptop I have a feeling cause nothing seems to work right on it.

just for the record…

i have a new hp laptop (dv6810us) with a slimtype ds8a1h and am getting read errors in dvdfab with some dvds. these dvds read fine in a friend’s HP laptop using the same version of dvdfab…this laptop has different optical drive, a matshita.

i am also not really able to burn DVDs with the ds8a1h. i have tried these media:

ritek dvd-r
memorex dvd-r
verbatim dvd+r
memorex dvd+r
tdk dvd+r dl
tdk dvd+r

the only one that passes verification is the tdk dvd+r.