hi all. new here…go easy on me…
can anyone please!! help me with this problem ?..
i used to be able to burn movies, etc on dvd wr but now i cant anymore…the messages say either’’ illegal disc’’ or ‘‘not enough room’’. i’m using nero 6 and a sony dru 700a and windows xp home edition. when i go to nero disc info it says i have 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available on a dvd rw disk…if i use a dvd r i have no problems…it burns immediately. but not on a dvd wr… i have also run the nero 6 updates, all to no avail…what has gone wrong?
thanks in advance…

Can you erase dvd-rw’s ?

yes i can erase dvd rw

Alcohol installed?

yes alcohol 120 installed…sorry i dont know what you mean by dma tool. i know i’m a loser :slight_smile:

Then Alcohol could be the problem. In Alcohol settings, go to Emulation, and make sure Ignore Media Type is unchecked.

The DMA tool thing is part of my signature so ignore that.

thanks i’ll try that and get back to you…god,here goes…i’ll probably stuff something up and turn my comp into a microwave or something…back to u soon…

i tried that and still the same problem…

Did you reboot though? I don’t use Alcohol so I’m not sure if that’s necessary or not.

no i didnt, but i will now…thanks…i’ll get back to u

i rebooted and still the same mate, sorry…

Can you full (not quick!) erase a DVD-RW?

i can and tried it once,it took about an hour and then said there was an error erasing disk…the plot thickens…

Are you still using the same DvD-RW and if so how many times have you written to it and then erased it?

What is the brand of the DvD-RW?

:cool: :cool:

hi and thanks for the interest…i’m using tdk’s and have probably burnt and erased about 12 times on the same disk…i also have others that i havent used as much, and am experiencing the same problem…