Newbie : Which format

vbimport

Hey all,

I've read several posts which were in part helpful and also tried searching the forum trying to find the answer to my question, but I didn't find it, so here's my doubt :

I want to buy a pc DVD recorder and since there are several formats, can any of you please advise which is best compatible with "living-room" DVD players such as Sony DVP-NS700P , Panasonic, LG, etc.

I mean, I'm not sure if any of the formats is compatible with all these, but I'd REALLY appreciate some tips about the more compatible ones especially with Sony. If a given format is compatible with more manufacturer, even better.

p.s. I've read that dvd-r is supposed to be the most generally compatible one...is this true? And the re-writable formats? Which one?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1st post here so go easy on me :wink:

Originally posted by LightMan
[B]Hey all,

I’ve read several posts which were in part helpful and also tried searching the forum trying to find the answer to my question, but I didn’t find it, so here’s my doubt :

I want to buy a pc DVD recorder and since there are several formats, can any of you please advise which is best compatible with “living-room” DVD players such as Sony DVP-NS700P , Panasonic, LG, etc.

I mean, I’m not sure if any of the formats is compatible with all these, but I’d REALLY appreciate some tips about the more compatible ones especially with Sony. If a given format is compatible with more manufacturer, even better.

p.s. I’ve read that dvd-r is supposed to be the most generally compatible one…is this true? And the re-writable formats? Which one?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1st post here so go easy on me :wink: [/B]

Hi.

See this page: http://www.dvdplusrw.org/resources/compatibilitylist_dvdvideo.html

It says both DVD+RW and DVD+R can be read with Sony DVP NS 700P.

Thanks a lot! How could I miss that thread? Sheesh…

It has a great deal of the info I was lookin’ for…

You know any page with similar info about the DVD-R (not DVD+R)and the remaining formats ?

Thx again, it was really helpful :slight_smile:

Originally posted by LightMan
[B]Thanks a lot! How could I miss that thread? Sheesh…

It has a great deal of the info I was lookin’ for…

You know any page with similar info about the DVD-R (not DVD+R)and the remaining formats ?

Thx again, it was really helpful :slight_smile: [/B]

One of the most complete database is in VCDHelp.com.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdwriters.php

Similar information should be in DVDwriters.co.uk, too.

hmmmm…another very good link…thanks!