Newbie wanting to convert ISO to WmV so I can edit and then convert back

vbimport

HI! I am trying to edit movies for my kids. I want to know everything. But at the moment I am thinking I need to convert my ISO to Wmv so I can take out what I want and then some how convert it back and burn it with Dvd next copy. Any one can help that would be Awesome!!!

What type of files are inside the ISO?

Hi and Welcome![quote=cluvsdaleb;2138377]HI! I am trying to edit movies for my kids. I want to know everything.[/quote]Then you might have a look at the tutorials on videohelp.com

But at the moment I am thinking I need to convert my ISO to Wmv so I can take out what I want and then some how convert it back and burn it with Dvd next copy.
This conversion is not a good idea snce you will lose quality.
Assuming, your ISOs are just backups of your video DVDs, you should be able to retrieve the video material (a bunch of files and folders). A packer like 7-zip (free) is fine for that job.
Next step would be to load the material into a video edit software that supports MPEG2 and modify the video according to your needs. If the result is a video DVD compliant file and folder structure, ImgBurn is first choice for burning to a blank DVD disc.

Michael

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2138379]What type of files are inside the ISO?[/QUOTE]

Not sure I cannot open it with anything??

Try opening it with a ZIP program as Michael suggested.

It is possible to edit your movies without converting to .wmv. It takes a program capable of editing mpeg2, and there aren’t too many of those. None of the good ones are free. Womble Mpeg Video Wizard DVD is one to consider.

Since your copy of the movie is now an ISO, not files, either rip again from the disk to the hard drive as files or mount the ISO you have now in a virtual drive so that the Womble program can work with it. Daemon Tools is a free, commonly used virtual drive.

Two other possibilities for an mpeg2 editor would be VideoReDo TV Suite or VideoReDo Plus. AviDemux is supposed to be able to edit mpeg files, but I’m not sure I would trust it to keep audio/video sync very well. If you want to try it, it is free to download and use.

If you are determined to convert and edit, I would choose to go to avi personally. There are plenty of free avi editors to choose from like AVIDemux or Virtualdub. You can convert the ISO to divx or xvid avi using FairUse Wizard, which is free and can work from an image file.
http://mirror.brokenlogic.net/fu2.6-setup.exe This is the celtic-druid version which has no restrictions on file size.

Thanks- I will try and see. I am not to sure what I am doing yet. I just want to do this for my kiddos.

If your iso contains mpeg2 video then you should be able to open it with DVDShrink use Ctrl+I keys…
If your iso loads in Shrink > Edit>Preferences>Output Files> now [B]uncheck[/B] " Split VOB files into 1gb chunks " >OK… Now pick Backup button and set Target to HDD>OK and save new file…
You’ll now have a single VOB file that you can import in a MPEG editing tool…Some which have already been mentioned above can be found here…
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-mpg-dvd