Newbie trying to find out best taiyo yuden or verbatim to use to copy dvd

vbimport

I am using convertxtodvd4 to burn my dvd. I am using a systor dvd duplicator with a sony burner to copy my dvd. I bought some taiyo yuden 16x tyg03 to copy to but the picture pauses in some spots. What is the best to use taiyo yuden 02,03 or verbatim? Also what is the best burn speed?

Test your output before burning. Make sure the conversion process isn’t introducing some problems that you are blaming on media.

If you are having problems burning at the rated speed of the media, drop it down to 8x or 12x. I never burn faster than 12x in any case.

Verbatim and TY are both considered top quality media. (don’t buy the “Life Series” Verbatim, only those with the AZO designation on the label). If I had to choose one type of blank media, I’d get the 8x Taiyo Yuden +R disks and burn them at 8x in my particular burners.

Thanks for replying. How do I test the output before burning? I am using convertxtodvd4 and the taiyo yudens I have are real from japan they are TYG03 16x.[QUOTE=Kerry56;2581261]Test your output before burning. Make sure the conversion process isn’t introducing some problems that you are blaming on media.

If you are having problems burning at the rated speed of the media, drop it down to 8x or 12x. I never burn faster than 12x in any case.

Verbatim and TY are both considered top quality media. (don’t buy the “Life Series” Verbatim, only those with the AZO designation on the label). If I had to choose one type of blank media, I’d get the 8x Taiyo Yuden +R disks and burn them at 8x in my particular burners.[/QUOTE]

Since you are using ConvertXtoDVD I have to assume you are converting video files of various types to dvd-video. That is what the program does. The converted dvd-video may have problems that were introduced during this conversion process. Play the dvd-video output from ConvertXtoDVD on your computer before burning to a disk.

You may just want to skip through the chapters normally, but if you have a specific spot on the dvd you just burned that you want to confirm quality, you should play the dvd-video at that spot from the copy made on your hard drive.

Having the ability to check the output is the reason you should always save the converted dvd-video to the hard drive and not burn straight to the disk. Though I don’t use ConvertX, I use similar programs, and save the video, at least temporarily, on the hard drive. I burn to disks using ImgBurn…a free burning program that I highly recommend.

I have image burn but I have been so busy learning convertxtodvd that I have not had time to play with it. Is it better than convertxtodvd. I have had great results with convertxtodvd except when I burned my first taiyo yuden.

ImgBurn is [B]just[/B] a burning program. It will not convert various video formats to dvd-video for you.

But I do like it and recommend the program for anyone burning dvds.

thanks for info. i had another question i got an epson artisan 810 and im trying to paste a picture on the print cd program but it won’t do it it says clipboaed data not supported any suggestions?

[QUOTE=gabriel71;2581305]thanks for info. i had another question i got an epson artisan 810 and im trying to paste a picture on the print cd program but it won’t do it it says clipboaed data not supported any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Why don’t you just save the image to your desktop and import it in the program you’re using? I think that would be the easiest.

Wy

Thanks I got it working