Newbie Question

vbimport

I just downloaded slyfox’s program. I have DVDX platinum (yeah I know) and now have slyfox on my computer. When I put in “The Grudge” to make a backup copy I got all the right messages from slyfox, it fixed the errors, etc.

My question is - What do I do next? Where is the decoded movie stored on my harddrive? Once slyfox’s info section states it has fixed the errors, then what?

Sorry if I appear dumb, but I’m relatively new at these other programs. X copy worked great for over a year. Just recently; Little Black Book, The Forgotten, The Grudge, etc. won’t work. So I am exploring how to make them work!

Help!! (Thanx in advance)

Then nothing. AnyDVD “magically” altered the DVD in your drive. Use DVDXcopy as before. Or even better, switch to CloneDVD. :wink:

So, just leave the dvd in the burner and use DVD XCopy?

Just for your info, this is what is shown on the slyfox infromation area:

Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

So that’s it? It’s ready to go?

Yes. As a CloneDVD user I haven’t tried DVD-XCopy, but it should work.
(But you could move from DVD-XCopy to CloneDVD, of course :wink: )

Hi I have any dvdxcopy platuinum an I can burn a widescreen but I cant do the full dvd like trailer can you do any of this .

Okay, I’m lost. I need anydvd for dummies!

I posted what slyfox shows on the information screen. I tried using DVD Xcopy but got the same error message. I think this is 'cause it is still reading the DVD, not the decrypted copy. How do I get it to read the “corrected” version? :confused:

Okay, I downloaded clonedvd2. Put in the dvd, slyfox did it’s thing, and I opened up clonedvd2. Clicked on clonedvd, find my dvd on the harddrive, and I get the following error message.

E:/video_ts/vts_08_3.vob: invalid file size
[OSUtill0[Wstring]]

Huh??? :confused:

Dude, You need AnyDVD running while you copy the movie using CloneDVD, Xcopy or whatever. Make sure the little red fox head is in your taskbar (lower right on screen) then insert your DVD. Next, load up your copy program and proceed to copy it.

AnyDVD removes the protection so that the copy program can do it’s job. :wink:

I believe to copy “The Grudge” you need to have this new BETA version of CloneDVD and I highly recommend purchasing it since the updates are constant with newer protections put on the DVD’s. http://update.elby.ch/SetupCloneDVD2731.exe

That last link helped. I downloaded the update and it seems to be copying now.

Thanx :bow:

Best stick with clonedvd\anydvd combo as dvdxcopy is outdated (321 studios went bust due to court actions against them) and therefor the program will not be updated any more…
Im sure olli will agree with this :bigsmile:

DVDXCopy has been good to me up until about a month ago, Little Black Book. I had no problems until then. I’ll try clone dvd and see how it works out.

Thanx to all who responded!!! :bow:

when you use DVDXCOPY platinum you have to select widesreen to make a copy of the DVD you cant make a copy of the whole DVD or a copy of the full movie I tryed talking to dvdxcopy but they wont listen to me

I tryed to make a copy with clone dvd 3.0 it works with the grudge but not the rest of the sony movies an when I play them on a DVD player it won’t play only on the computer werid.

Use the “real” CloneDVD. :frowning:

where do I get the real clone dvd from ???

try www.slysoft.com

Yes, Slysofts AnyDVD & CloneDVD Combo are the only way to go!

That other Clonedvd is for n00bs. :iagree:

Hey 2tall, I know how you feel. I also was using dvdxcopy platinum until fairly recently. It was difficult to give up at first, especially after I spent $150.00 smackers on it. But the reality is the movie companies are increasingly making it difficult to back-up movies. IMHO, this company seems to be trying to stay on top of things. That, to me, is a big reason why I will be using their products. Good luck.

is cloneDvD / DvD anywhere good at copying Xbox games? im in the process of moding my xbox so I can play my backed up games if one breaks. Any ideas?