Newbie question with my benq1620

vbimport

:confused: I ordered an benQ1620 burner. My computer has a SATA harddrive, so is it ok to install my benq1620 as master on the 'primary IDE"? Im not sure because all my other systems had an IDE harddrive and not a SATA. Id appreciate any help and thanks.

Hello Mark,

On my setup, i am using an MSI Motherboard together with a Maxtor SATA-150 HDD. My BenQ 1620 is conected as the master (without a slave), on the primary IDE channel.

Although I am not an expert on the subject, I want to confirm that I am using this setup for almost 5 weeks now and I NEVER had any problems (slowdowns, failures, costers etc. ) with the BenQ1620 :slight_smile: .

Good luck with your installation,

Hp. _

I have my system on sata and Benq on master secindary

Works anywhere u put it
:slight_smile:

Thanks, what media are you using to burn?
What firmware are you using?
Also, did you keep the factory firmware or flash to another one, if so which one?

I am using latest “T” firmware. What is your current firmware, is it “G” or “B”?
Doesn’t matter, you can flash direct using WinDWFlash and CVT file.

http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm

I find that for best movie playability that Taiyo Yuden +R 8x burned at 12x and auto bitset to -ROM are the best (also the most expensive). I also use Verbatim +R 8x (they give me a better burn but aren’t as playable in all players as Taiyo are).

Take everything with a grain of salt, each burner may burn different media better or worse than other BenQ 1620’s and all media is not the same (they will vary on the spindle).