Newbie question on backing up DVDs

I just bought the 4.1.2.0 program. I’m not having the greatest luck with my Dual Layer burner (Sony DRU-820A), sometimes works but often fails. But I would like to at least save a copy of the DVDs I have. Can anyone tell me how to back up my DVDs? They are all standard definition. Thanks in advance.

I’m not having the greatest luck with my Dual Layer burner (Sony DRU-820A), sometimes works but often fails.

What’s the name of the media you’re using?
What speed are you burning at?
Can you post the log file?

[QUOTE=ccdliteuser;2033924]I just bought the 4.1.2.0 program…[/QUOTE]Please also tell us exactly what program this is.

It’s always easier to figure out the problem when the information is very specific.

Give the dirty details. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone - like I said I’m a newbie. The decryption program is DVDFab 4.1.2.0. and a Sony DRU-820A burner. The program rips the Dual Layer dvds just fine and will write onto single layer disks without a problem using the “full disk” option. But when I try to clone a Dual Layer dvd to a Verbatim 2.4x +R DL disk it fails a lot. I’ve only been able to burn 1 DL disk successfully. One of the DL disks I burned said “creation successful” but when I put the “successfully burned” disk in a set top dvd player it said “wrong disk”. Even the 820A wouldn’t recognize it. I’m kind of stuck now and these are pretty expensive coasters I’m making. I suppose I could try to slow the burning process down if I knew how. Or possibly a new firmware update would fix the problem. The burning speed starts very slow and gradually progresses all the way up to 5.0x. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In common settings write mode check set booktype to dvd-rom. Hopefully this fixes your problem

Agree with GJ, try booktyping to increase compatibility of your media.

A lot of middle to high end stand-alone players can be picky about the media you feed them.

When you booktype, your fooling the stand-alone into thinking your giving it the real deal.

Hope that helps.

In addition, I would use nothing but the burning application ImgBurn for DL backups. Just my 3 cents worth.

Moved to DVD Fab section.