Newbie Question about Audio CD

vbimport

Hello,

I have a newbie question about Audio CD’s please. I have a set of mp3 files that i want to make an Audio CD from them. The file names are:

01-Track-01.mp3
02-Track-02.mp3

16-Track-16.mp3

When i add them to an Audio CD project, i see that they fill most of the CD (99%).

I then took these 16 files and joined them into one mp3 file and named it CD1.mp3. The total file size is the same as the total for the 16 files.

When i try to make an audio CD from CD1.mp3, i see it takes only 37% of a CD size.

My question is:

1. Why is the difference in sizes? (99% and 37%).

2. Is it ok to make an audio CD this way? by joining the tracks into one mp3 file and then burning it as an audio CD?

3. Should the names of the files to make an audio cd always be

like 16-Track-16.mp3 or i can give them any name?

Thanks for the help.

[QUOTE=JaRamaa;2124957]Hello,

I have a newbie question about Audio CD’s please. I have a set of mp3 files that i want to make an Audio CD from them. The file names are:

01-Track-01.mp3
02-Track-02.mp3

16-Track-16.mp3

When i add them to an Audio CD project, i see that they fill most of the CD (99%).

I then took these 16 files and joined them into one mp3 file and named it CD1.mp3. The total file size is the same as the total for the 16 files.

When i try to make an audio CD from CD1.mp3, i see it takes only 37% of a CD size.

My question is:

1. Why is the difference in sizes? (99% and 37%).

2. Is it ok to make an audio CD this way? by joining the tracks into one mp3 file and then burning it as an audio CD?

3. Should the names of the files to make an audio cd always be

like 16-Track-16.mp3 or i can give them any name?

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

1.maybe you forgot to add some tracks?
2.If you want your cd to have only one track, then yes it’s ok, if you want 16 tracks, then no.
3.You can change the name if you like, example 01-My_band-Mytrack.mp3 or that ever else you like.

I think what is happening, you import 16 mp3 files and burn audio CD, the software will convert to .wav= Audio CD format (99% full disc).
If you burn one mp3 file CD1 as data, the files stay in mp3 mode (37% full)