Newbie problem with NEC nd-4571a and dvd+rw

vbimport

well my drive is a nec 4571a and i was trying to make a fujifilm dvd+rw 4x usefull it was already used before so it was formatted a long ago and also an lg dvd+rw 4x and changing all parameters in bisetting didnt do anything i tell you the main fact is that thedire considers the dvd+rw as dvd-rom that is done automaticly by the drive andif i want to erase that dvd+rw how can i do it? neroburningrom says “this kind of disc cant be erased insert a rewritable media” INcd says tipe of disc is dvd-rom "drive does not contain a formattable media "
record now dx says "please insert a re-writtable media into the drive " dvd info pro says “error media is not a dvd+rw” but it IS ive tried with all firmwares and different booktypes and only had success in one atempt does anyone the key to fix this problem thanks a lot

NOTE : this media goes perfeclty in my lg gsa h42l

Welcome to the forum :)…do you have Alcohol 120% installed by any chance?

no i havnt try alcohol by the time but i can try thank you for the welcome and sorry if i didnt say hello

No need :)…I just asked because there’s a setting in Alcohol that can “fool” the burning software into thinking the disc isn’t writable. :slight_smile:

However, ImgBurn often works where other software has failed, so you might want to give that a try, it’s a small free download. :slight_smile:

is this normal to happen?

It can happen ocasionally, but usually it’s due to software like Alcohol (or Daemon Tools).

Others have tried ImgBurn with success, though :slight_smile:

damn daemon tools i have that installed can a software as daemon tools afect the way a drive “sees” the media?its not a bitsetting problem?r even firmware?

img burn says this:

_NEC DVD_RW ND-4571A 1-02 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 2.295.104
Size: 4.700.372.992 bytes
Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W11-01
Book Type: DVD+RW
Part Version: 2
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.491.711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

im trying erasing the dvd with this tool i tell you results when completed

Give formatting it a try with ImgBurn, and if that doesn’t work, then try temporarily uninstalling DTools.

Doh, I should have asked about that when I asked about Alcohol - usually if something’s wrong and a person can’t burn, I recommend temporarily uninstalling any virtual drive software for troubleshooting.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Edit: In Dtools, untick “Safedisc emulation” and see if that helps too :slight_smile:

i will untick all 70% erasing

well unticking all was no help also disabled all daemon unitys im going to uninstall
temporarily

well uninstalling daemon tools didnt help any more ideas?im restarting the machine so if any kind of config is blocked it could be released coming soon

its as in the beggining

arachne any more aknowledgment you could print me?

if anyone could tell me if im wrong i would be very glad there is a booktype in the media that is inserted in the drive and the drive treats the media differently depending on that booktype and when you do bittsetting you make the drive treat that booktype that is linked to a type of media as it was a different type of media so the intuitive solution to my problem is to change the dvd-rom setting in the booktype of my drive to a dvd+rw isnt it?

Unfortunately, I’m out of ideas if the suggestions didn’t work…but stick around, other members may dive in to help :slight_smile:

well have read an italian chat hardly but i understood one thing booktype is added in the media when you burn it and you burn the setting thats in the booktype of the firmware of your drive isnt it? so if i have an dvd+rw with a dvd-rom booktype is there a way to makemy drive ignore this setting and let me change the booktype of the media to use it with this drive? my dvds are definetly dead?i cannot burn dvd+rw with dvd-rom booktype on it?

If you download CD-DVD Speed, there’s a ‘Bitsetting’ option in the ‘Extra’ menu that allows you to change the booktype of a +RW.