Newbie..problem with copying DVD

I have loaded both the ANYDVD and CloneDVD.
I start the process of copying and about the 20% mark it just quits and seems to lock up and won’t go any further, any ideas on why?
Dee

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Check if the disc is dirty or scratched. This is a frequent cause of problems

What versions of anydvd and clonedvd. Maybe a little more info on exactly what dvd region, dvd drive firmware -system info etc. etc.

I am not very computer savvy. I really don’t know what you are asking for. I downloaded the temporary programs from SlySoft.com. A friend told me about it. I want to be able to copy movies. Have I downloaded the correct program? I am not going to purchase it if it won’t work.
I have a computer that is about 2 yrs old…with a…
_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A
and a
SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD616T
My equipment may be to old.

This info may help:
File Version 6.0.8.2
AnyDVD Application
SlySoft, Inc.

CloneDVD2
CloneDVDTemp
Thanks,
Dee

Have you checked if disc is dirty or scratched? If the original disc is unreadable, no software can solve your problem.

Maybe you can try another (free) software.

Go to this page and download the installer. This is all free software, and you can try it to see if allows you to rip the movie.

Thanks I will try that and let you know if it works. The DVD looks okay and I watched it last night and it worked.
Dee

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Another test you can do is try with a different drive. Some drives have better error correction capabilities than other. If you don’t have another drive, maybe you can ask to a friend.