Newbie Problem w/ Plextools V 1.17

I’m somewhat of a newbie so if I see this question in the Newbie section I’ll live. I recently downloaded the full version of Plextools v1.05 on to windows xp home edition from the Plex FAQ Thread, re-booted and everything worked great. Then I downloaded Plextools v 1.17 and the computer crashed a few seconds after Windows would begin to load. Then I had to use the safe mode to delete the plex program entirely. The computer said that it could be my drivers but the automatic update said that my drivers were fine on my Plexwriter 24-10-40a. I also read on the Plexwriter website that I didn’t need to do anything with my drivers. I deactivated my firewall and antivirus and tried it again and again no luck. Can somebody please tell me or point me in the right direction as to what I’m supposed to do. Did I miss a thread somewhere that explains this? I would appreciate any positive feedback. I have 80 gig hard and 512 rdram so memory isn’t an issue. :confused: :confused:

Do any of these threads help you?

Thanks for saving me a whole lot of time and trouble!!

So did it work and if so what was the problem? Please share :wink:

I work many hrs and don’t get the time I wish I could have to fuss with my computer but I think it my be a Bios setup problem with my Asus p4t-e motherboard or a compatibility issue but no, I have not figured out exactly what it is yet. Hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend to fix it. Thanks again for the referrals and I will keep you posted.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, I read on a thread somewhere from popopiko that mentioned that I should download the Intel Application Acceleration program and disable the clone cd virtual drive before I install plextools v1.17 and again right as window starts to load everything shuts down so I’m right back where I started. I guess I’ll search around some more a try some other suggestions on other threads. I’m bound to figure it out eventually. I just wish I had more spare time. I have blindwrite, alcohol 120%, and clone cd. Would any of these programs cause any problems when trying to upgarde and I was upgrading from a v1.05 to the v1.17 thats ok isn’t it? I’m not sure if I would ever even use Plextools v1.17 but now that I know that it won’t load makes me want it even more.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Alcohol 120% can cause the same problem as the Clone CD virtual drive. Try uninstalling Alcohol 120% and any other program running a virtual drive and see if PlexTools will install successfully.

…if youre ever into music cd´s , then plextools v 1.17 is the tool you want.For me this tools has given me excellent rippin.