Newbie: Plextor 708A medias for dummies

Hi,

Perhaps this has been covered over and over, but I haven’t been able to find any definitive answer.

So here goes…

My brand new Plextor 708A will only burn DVD+R at 2.4 speed in Nero 6.0.0.19. So far I’ve only tried using Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R discs, but I read somewhere that people had no problem burning
these discs at higher speeds.

I’ve tried turning powerrec off, but nothing changes. I can still only select 2.4x.

One of my questions is this: If I buy another DVD+R media like the TDK+R 4x, will Nero allow me to select 8x as my burning speed? (right now I only see that damn 2.4 in the drop down box)?

Second question: Eventhough it might be stupid to try is there no way to force Nero (or another DVD burning program) into burning my DVD discs at higher speeds - you know, leave it to the user to choose like with CD’s?

Last qquestion: In case I’m told to go find another media, which one would you recommend? (besides the ones on Plextor’s good-list :slight_smile: Cheapest DVD+R media still capable of doing 8x and cheapest DVD+RW media still capable of doing 4x is what I’ looking for.

Thats all folk. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and perhaps even answer.

Best regards,
Jesper

:smiley: