Newbie needs help

I’m new at this so if I do wrong, I apologize.

I just bought a new (and expensive) set of education DVDs. I’ve tried to copy them with alochol 120 but keep getting a ton of disk read errors! I’ve also tried DVD decryptor Ver 3.5.4.0 (sorry to see that its dead:( ) got W 18:36:51 Sector 719762 - Pack Header Not Found (0x07435024) infinite times! DVD shrink and DVD X PLatinum doesn’t work either? What should I do?

Thanks for the help! Apologies if I did something wrong.

are these video dvds?

Yes

try installing AnyDVD (they have a free trial) and see if that works in helping you get around the problem.

Installed AnyDVD, looked at the DVD with it and got:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.4.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: CMRP1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Then tried to uses Clone DVD 2 as suggested but I keep getting cyclic redundancy checks!!! For example:
F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_2.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.
[File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_2.VOB: 23 PictureReader]

What gives!!! The discs seem clean and they’re brand new. More Help please. (thank you so much AZImmortal.

@ P_RAD_S,

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (cyclic redundancy check) errors. Note Olli’s comments in posting #6 on the three possible reasons for Cyclic Redundancy Check data error notification.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

I know you probable don’t want to hear that you possibly have a defective DVD. I am confidant the your education DVD does not contain an new version of a copy protection scheme. You state that the DVD is clean so the only other thing is the possibility of a defective DVD.

Suggest checking your education DVD for CRC errors by using Nero CD-DVD Speed (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_401.zip). This is a free utility software program. The below forum link shows how to use Nero CD-DVD Speed to check for CRC errors. A correctly manufacture DVD does not contain any CRC errors. Just because a DVD appears to play correctly in a DVD playback deceive does not mean that it was manufacture correctly. The Nero CD-DVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan should not reveal any Red (Bad) sectors. If so this indicates a defective DVD. The DVD should be returned for a refund or replacement.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1044611&postcount=58

It should be noted that if currently the education DVD appears to play properly and if the education DVD does in fact contain CRC errors that there is a strong possibility that some time in the future that the education DVD would become unplayable.

Best Regards,
bjkg