Newbie needs help re: encryption

Hi there

I teach fitness classes and I BUY the original CDS, however, I like to make backups (they’re expensive) AND I like to mix songs from different cds to keep my classes fresh and fun. Anyhow, the company I deal with just advised us today that effective with the next batch of cds that they will be encrypted. I don’t know much about this, but I know it’s to prevent us from just sharing music. I just want backups and such of what I BUY.

Alrighty, here’s the question: What do I do? Can we get around encryption? How? Help please.

MANY THANKS

There is no such thing as encrypting audio cds, you can do it but the CD player won’t be able to decrypt it…so I don’t know what they are telling you.

Only comercial copy protections such as CDS200, Sony Audio, Alpha Audio etc. use encryption but that is only on the data session.

Here’s a few tips:

1. Look at the package to see what protection it is using.

2. Have EAC (Easy Audio Extractor) open

3. Press and hold down the “shift key”

4. insert the CD and EAC should be able to extract it.

If these are burned CD-Rs by your company they may be using anything and in that case it can be nearly impossible to copy since they don’t care about comercial protections be 100% compatible. Also they maybe using an “Encrypted” data CD with any type of music files but they need special hardware for it - seems a bit extreme to me but who knows.