Newbie needing help

I have recently downloaded and installed the latest version on clonecd v4. I want to make a backup copy of my Ghost Recon. After the writer has finished writing from the image file I have made, the backup copy locks up my computer every time, nor can I even explore the backup that I have just made. I have a mitsumi48x and a hp 4x writer. I need your help thanks

what kind of protection does the game have. You can find out by using a protection scanner such as scout or clonyxxl

Ghost Recon Safedisc 2.40.010
Ghost Recon - Desert Siege (Expansion) Safedisc 2.60.052

If it is using Safedisc 2.40.010, what do I need to do with it. Sorry for the ignorance on my part

well just use the game profile in clonecd. Check here to see if your burners are 1 sheep or 2 sheep burners for correct efm encoding. if you have a two sheep burner you don’t need aws on, if you only have a 1 sheep burner, aws might work but its not garunteed. I don’t remember if safedisc 2.4 uses weak sectors or not.

Anyone else know?

If it does and you have 2 sheep burner your good to go, just use the settings in clonyxxl.

Good luck.

what exactly is clonyxxl?

A protection scanner, but it’s not updated anymore and is getting more ancient every day…
You can get it here: http://kickme.to/englishclony

Thanks for the help everyone, I will give it another go tonight

One other quick note, I have noticed that the CDRom should be set to 4x speed to read to an image file. Is this setting in clonecd? or somewhere else in windows?

No need for such slow speeds. You set speed by right-clicking on the profiles in CloneCD.

@anthony_1002
New on Forum

a quick peruse of the FAQ would have answered some of these questions and saved you some time :wink:

I didn’t have time to try last night , but hopefully I will tonight. Thanks for the help everyone, its a killer site here

I’m still having a problem. When I insert the back-up cd, my reader starts reading the safedisc portion of the cd, which then locks up my system. I had checked AWS and Hide CDR. I also lowered mey read speed to 4x, but I have not used the Clonyxxl yet.

Originally posted by anthony_1002
… but I have not used the Clonyxxl yet.
Don’t
Originally posted by anthony_1002
I’m still having a problem. When I insert the back-up cd, my reader starts reading the safedisc portion of the cd, which then locks up my system. I had checked AWS and Hide CDR. I also lowered my read speed to 4x…
Is the image RAW? Meaning, does it work in DAEMON-Tools without emulation? No use writing unless you can get a RAW image first. Reading speed is immaterial and don’t even try the HP for CloneCD. Retry using the default Game CD profile (the subs read may get in the way here, though) then try the SD2 profile available from this site again. If the PC is locking up then I’d try updating the chipset drivers. All details here