Newbie here! Error with mounting an image~

A few days ago I was playing Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne on my laptop without any problems. Then yesterday I started getting this error message: “make sure the cd is in your drive and click retry”

So I decided to make a backup copy of it, using alcohol/daemon tools. I followed the instructions on this site, and changed the read speed to 4x and the other option (I forget what it is) to 1x. I did this on my desktop, and I was able to mount the image and play without a CD, so I assume I had all of the correct emulation settings.

I copied the image over to my laptop and I’m still getting the same error message. So my question is:

Could there be something wrong with my emulation settings on my laptop? I’m using the same cd image that worked on my desktop, so I don’t understand what the problem could be.

Also: I’d like to point out that my CD-Rom drive was giving me problems a month or two ago, but then again I was running the actual tft CD a few days ago just fine. Also, this shouldn’t affect how an iso is being mounted, afaik.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know people are always asking about warcraft 3, I tried my hardest to search through the forums before asking. Please be gentle :doh:

Clean the drive.

Thanks, I’ll look for a CD drive cleaner.

Any ideas as to why my image works fine on my desktop but won’t work on my laptop?

Most manufacturers of optical drives recommend not to use any “cleaning disc”. Such might damage the lens. Use a soft brush (like those for camera optics) instead. You might also try a soft, lint free cloth with a little isopropanol.

Michael

Cool, thanks for the information guys.

I fixed my problem :slight_smile: