Newbie Help!

Hi,

Dunno if this is the right section to post in but mods feel free to move it if ive posted in the wrong section :blush:

Anyhoo i just wanted to know if it was possible to burn mp3 tracks to a CD-R thru Nero? Because im getting error messages :S

Can anyone help?

Hi again :wink:

Are you wanting to burn them as an mp3 CD (to play in a player that supports these), or as a regular audio CD that’ll play on any player?

What’s the error message that you’re getting? And what drive do you have? Also, what brand of CDR are you using, and what speed are you choosing to burn at?

Sorry for all the questions. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2408368]Hi again :wink:

Are you wanting to burn them as an mp3 CD (to play in a player that supports these), or as a regular audio CD that’ll play on any player?

What’s the error message that you’re getting? And what drive do you have? Also, what brand of CDR are you using, and what speed are you choosing to burn at?

Sorry for all the questions. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Firstly let me apologise for the duplicate threads. It’s only cos i couldn’t find the first thread i made so sorry :4

And as for your questions, i want to burn them as a MP3 CD and error message is just a simple ‘Burning process failed’. I have a Matshita DVD-RAM ATA drive. And im using a Sony CDR and erm im not too sure on the speed. :blush:

No problem :slight_smile:

Sony discs are usually pretty good, but since you’re using a Matshita drive (notoriously picky) anything’s possible.

But, lowering the burn speed in Nero might help. I’d suggest 24x since an mp3 disc is basically a data disc (if you were converting them to regular audio I’d have suggested 16x). With that drive you may have to go lower, but try 24x and see how it works out.

You’ll find the write speed settings under the Burn tab of the New Compilation window (the one that opens up when you hit the Burn button).

If it errors out again when you try 24x, it should prompt you to save an error log - can you post that so we can see if there’s anything else amiss? Cheers. :slight_smile: