Newbie Help on Speed

vbimport

Hi All, I am absolutely New to DVDs so Please excuse me if i sound Stupid…(i feel stupid at moo)…
Got a nice New NEC 2500A…Firmware was (i say was) 1062003121900…Ripping was Slow, so I used the Windows RIP Q (not work) then R…Now my firmware number is 03121900, what has happened to the 10620!!!..
My Speed for some reason DROPED Dramaticly at end of Speed Read…Went all way to about 7.97 then droped to 2.17 at end…
Ritek G04 Orange…4.36Gbt on Disk…2.17x current…5.46x average…Average Data Rate=7197KBps Elapsed Time 10:04…
Would put a Copy of read speed on here if i knew how to…
What have I done wrong, n can I correct it!!!

P.S…This Speed Read is done on a Copy…Should it be done on Original Movie!!!..THANKS ALL…

OK, silly old Me again…The RIP Speed on a Genuine DVD-R Movie is GOOD…It was done at—Length=3.50Gbt (DVD5)…Current Speed @10.69x…Average Speed @7.74x…Elapsed Time @05:46…
Is that Good!!?..
First un was done on a Copy…Answers would be Appreciated…
Thanks…

Pressed DVD-ROMs will normally read/rip much faster than a burnt disc.
You’re not doing anything wrong.
If you want your drives ripspeed lock removed, load a firmware by TDB or Herrie.

yup… what Wes said. on top of that, those orange discs, I think they may be datawrite, and don’t score as highly on the charts as other ritek discs. It’s probably a less than decent disc which has more errors near the end that’s causing the slowdown. Up the quality of media ur using and u should be sorted.

Thank You booma n wes…This person who owns the warehouse, (that I know quite cordialy), said they were very good disks…So I took his word for it…Will soon tell him if they appear to turn out Rubbish…Also got some “DataSafe” DVD-Rs…Not tried em yet…
Don’t like the sound of those errors at end of disk!
Works ok in my DVD Player n my nephews player, so lets hope they not be too error prone…Thanks for the Help…Take Care…