Newbie ? for Burning DL DVD+R 8x!

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4120B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, you will have to forgive me, but I’m very new with all this. I have 100’s of albums on my D: drive that I want to burn onto my DL discs. I bought some Aone DVD+r DL 8x discs and haven’t been able to burn anything onto them. I’m currently using Nero 8 and keep getting ‘Can’t Write Error’?? I basically start up Nero Burning Rom and add about 8 gigs of files and then try to burn them onto a blank disc.

Can anyone please tell me what I’m doing wrong? Any help would be really great, thanks!!

Craig :confused:

Welcome to CD Freaks. :slight_smile:

First: Your drive is old and out-of-date [in the fast-paced world of technology]. You won’t have much luck with ANY 8x DVD+R DL media [or any DVD-R DL media].

Second: Since your drive is rated to write DL at 2.4x, you’ll want to stay with discs rated for 2.4x.

Third: only buy Verbatim DL media. You won’t likely get usable results with anything else.

[edit] Fourth: See the post below this.

Summary: buy Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL, and make sure that you can actually recover the data after the discs are written. If, after trying to use Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL, you are unable to get a usable DL disc, just go back to 8x rated single layer media, preferably made by Taiyo Yuden and/or branded Verbatim. This will ensure that you have good results that should last. :slight_smile:

Give ImgBurn a shot, but I would have bought Verbatim DLs.

http://www.imgburn.com/

EDIT: I bow to the eloquent poster.

thanks for all your tips matey. I know my drive is a bit old, but that’s all I got for now.

I actually do have Imgburn, but how do I use it for my original query that I had??

Craig