Newbie DW800A Question...Slow Burns

vbimport

#1

I have a Khypermedia/Beng DW800A. All was well and the original fw was B2F7. I upgraded to B3D7 from the unofficial firmware site, and when I tried to go 800@822 I got checksum errors.

Using B3D7 I tried burning and the disk froze after 6 hours. I have now downgraded the firmware using the Benq official B2L7 and Nero only reports a 1.5x read and a 1.0x burn using TEON 8x +R media. What else can I check to speed this up.

The drive is installed on the secondary IDE channel as a slave.

Thanks


#2

Welcome :slight_smile:
Enable UDMA2, put your source harddisk and burner on different IDE busses.


#3

The two harddisks are on the Primary IDE, and the CD & DVD Burner are on the Secondary IDE. The DVD on Device 1 shows up as PIO-Only even though it is set as DMA. I will try some of the suggestions in other threads to see if I can get it back to DMA.

I will post back if I succeed.


#4

Still no go. Have tried using Control Panel as well as Reg Edit to change settings but still no luck.


#5

Post the text output of Nero Infotool as text file attachment using the Manage Attatchments button so we can have a look at your config.


#6

I am all set. My system BIOS was not cofigured correctly for the slave drives. Thanks.