Newbie dual layer issues

Hi gang. I’m new to dealing with dual layer dvd and am having issues. Using Memorex DVD+R DL disks with a a LiteOn burner. . I’m using Nero to burn data disks. The burn appears to go fine, with no errors, however, when I go back to attemp to explore the disk, nothing shows up. I’m not sure if there is a setting or something that I’m missing when burning to the dl media or not, but I’ve not had any issues other than attempting the dual layer stuff. Any assist is appreciated.

memorex is not a good DL media IMO, Try Verbatim.

I use Verbatim DVD+R DL and have had no coasters. A little pricey but you get what you pay for on DL disks.

[QUOTE=razorbackron;1968327]I use Verbatim DVD+R DL and have had no coasters. A little pricey but you get what you pay for on DL disks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I use them too since yesterday.
But I got the same issues with them as I had with the cheap ones.
They burn perfectly as did the cheapies but my burner doesnt recognize them once they are burnt.

I can play them in my dvd player but I cant read the disc on my comp:(

[QUOTE=termimeister;1968362]Yeah I use them too since yesterday.
But I got the same issues with them as I had with the cheap ones.
They burn perfectly as did the cheapies but my burner doesnt recognize them once they are burnt.

I can play them in my dvd player but I cant read the disc on my comp:([/QUOTE]

Then this is not related to the media generally.

Open devicemanager, uninstall all IDE channels and then restart.
Also remove tools like ALCOHOL and DAEMON TOOLS.

when i switch off the IDE channels and start up it wont do a thing.
the only thing is that my D: drive is gone

[QUOTE=termimeister;1968979]when i switch off the IDE channels and start up it wont do a thing.
the only thing is that my D: drive is gone[/QUOTE]You should not switch them off (“disable”) but [B]uninstall [/B]them. Windows will reinstall them at the next reboot.

Ok I uninstalled the IDE channels and also got rid off Daemon Tools.
Still my nec 4550a dvd drive cant read shit.
Any other suggestions?

BTW I didnt uninstall the IDE controllers.
Do I need to do that?

[QUOTE=termimeister;1969080]Ok I uninstalled the IDE channels and also got rid off Daemon Tools.
Still my nec 4550a dvd drive cant read shit.
Any other suggestions?

Do I need to do that?[/QUOTE]

That would be another thing to do but also have you tried that burner in another computer to see if it still works? Have you tried updating the firmware? Also would the original OP please give a reply back as we don’t condon taking over another OP posting. We need to first address the OP problem before moving to another poster issue…

[QUOTE=termimeister;1969080]Ok I uninstalled the IDE channels and also got rid off Daemon Tools.
Still my nec 4550a dvd drive [B]cant read shit.[/B]
Any other suggestions?

Do I need to do that?[/QUOTE]

And what should that mean? Impolite language is not useful.

sorry for the hijacking and the language :o

I would test the drive on another connector, ide cable, or in another computer.

Thanks chef.
I got it sorted.
Well I know now my burner isnt ok anymore.
I connected another external burner I had laying about and that worked perfectly.
I just use that one for my dvd9 stuff.

Thanks a lot for all the advice :bow: