Newbie cant believe he was sucessful

Well I been doing a lot of reading. It took me (an embarressing) few days to figure out and find the regkill thing. But then in default read in protected cd and default protected cd write it worked. This is C&C Generals and with HP drives. I’ve been reading all the settings and warnings about drives and I just tryed it without all that (whats one more coaster) and it worked. It even plays in my HP burner. Hp cd 16f. Thanks to all the great work and time you guys spend helping us n00bs. I just cant believe I didn’t go through a couple 100 cds before it worked. :bow:

Originally posted by monkeyboy
Well I been doing a lot of reading. It took me (an embarressing) few days to figure out and find the regkill thing. But then in default read in protected cd and default protected cd write it worked. This is C&C Generals and with HP drives. I’ve been reading all the settings and warnings about drives and I just tryed it without all that (whats one more coaster) and it worked. It even plays in my HP burner. Hp cd 16f. Thanks to all the great work and time you guys spend helping us n00bs. I just cant believe I didn’t go through a couple 100 cds before it worked. :bow:

Well. Try this (right click the “clonecd tray icon”, and kill the “hide cdr media”. if your backup still works in your cd or dvd drive, you have made a good backup. :smiley:

Originally posted by Frede
[B]

Well. Try this (right click the “clonecd tray icon”, and kill the “hide cdr media”. if your backup still works in your cd or dvd drive, you have made a good backup. :smiley: [/B]
Not with ANY Hewlett Packard to date :wink:

Originally posted by monkeyboy

THANKS, we like our “Dutch neighbors” and are happy to find a working solution for these drives.
“Old Europe” sticks together in these days. :smiley:

Have fun with CCD!

Sven