NEWBIE: burning .vob files

Hey all, I have a problem that i cannot seem to figure out.
I have a folder on my computer with .vob, .ifo and .bup files.
I have searched on how i can burn these files so i can view them on my DVD player.

I tried using NERO, but i get an error when i drag all the files into the VIDEO_TS folder.
I then tried IFOedit, and selected the first IFO file (VIDEO_TS.IFO) and then i decided to create an image. After that i burnt it using DVD Decrypter. I then tried to play it on my DVD player and i got NO COLOR and it just kept going up and down the screen (like the horizontal button was messed)
I then tried it on my PC and i was able to view it, so I reBURNT it using another Disc and same problem.

Can someone help me? I read that i could remake the IFO files?? or something?
This is what I have altogether:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB
VTS_02_3.VOB
VTS_02_4.VOB
VTS_03_0.BUP
VTS_03_0.IFO
VTS_03_0.VOB
VTS_03_1.VOB
VTS_03_2.VOB
VTS_03_3.VOB
VTS_03_4.VOB
VTS_04_0.BUP
VTS_04_0.IFO
VTS_04_0.VOB
VTS_04_1.VOB
VTS_04_2.VOB
VTS_04_3.VOB
VTS_04_4.VOB
VTS_05_0.BUP
VTS_05_0.IFO
VTS_05_0.VOB
VTS_05_1.VOB
VTS_05_2.VOB
VTS_05_3.VOB
VTS_05_4.VOB
VTS_06_0.BUP
VTS_06_0.IFO
VTS_06_0.VOB
VTS_06_1.VOB

Hope this helps!

Just a guess here, but try making 2 folders, one called VIDEO_TS and the other AUDIO_TS. Place all of the files you have into the VIDEO_TS folder and leave the AUDIO_TS folder empty. Burn the two folders to a disc.

what richman said is not totally incorrect, but niether is it nescessary.
go to google and get a program called dvd shrink.
once installed, run it (duh)
click on open files.
point to the location of those files
either do full disk backup or re-author(to take just the main movie)
after finishing re-authoring(it’s easier than it sounds) or clicking full disk, click backup
if you ceck the burn with nero option then it will handle itself… otherwise save as ISO to hard drive (last step before it starts doing its this is to ask wether to save as files or iso from a dropdown menu)
you can use daemon tools to play iso or the burning program of your choice to burn to dvd
have fun…
laterz

Ok Well I wouldn’t do what richman told you to do, the results of that will probably be no sound at all. I think you prolly have a good burn, but a bad reader. My DVD Player (stand alone) did the same exact thing. Try it in another, and I have a feeling it will work for you.

Thanks for your responses. I already did what Richman said (before the response) and nothing happened.
I already have DVD shrink, but i get an error when i try to open the file
“Invalid data in Video_TS.vob”

But i don’t get why the data would be invalid?!
I read a few other sites where i was to try and use IFOEdit and IFO update. I was then able to burn with NERO, but it created the same bad copy.

My DVD player reads burnt discs without any problems… I can also watch the “bad burn” on my PC, which makes me think that i have the right codec or something, which allows me to view it.

Is it possible to see what is wrong with that VOB file, and repair it? Or is this just a dud?

Why would there be no sound? If you look at any DVD video disc, you will see the 2 folders I mentioned above and the audio folder will be empty. There are no other files required so that method would work if the data is good.

The VIDEO_TS.VOB is the video manager and contains very important information for the player. It also contains the menu system for the movie. Is it possible to rebuild this file by re-authoring?

I’m curious how you first created the .vob, .ifo and .bup files, as it appears the Video_TS.vob may be invalid.

I agree with RLLMoFP. Really need to know how they got there in the first place. The Video_TS file sounds like it is pointing to an invalid location.
Did you just put a movie dvd in and “drag and drop” the files in the folder? If so they are encrypted and must be decypted for a burner like nero to work. (copy-protection)

If you want to make backup’s of your collection just use DVDshrink to encode them onto drive first then burn with nero.