Newbie, be gental

:confused: hi all you brain boxs please help i downloaded a dvd film onto my computer, it1s a good one but has those black lines on the top and bottom of the film, even when i view it in full screen, how do i get rid of thease? and how do i download a film onto a disk so it looks new and like i brought it? thanks to all who answear,and could you explain in simple terms! has you can tell by this question im no brain box like you good guys

We’re going to assume that when you say ‘downloaded’ you mean ripped a copy of a dvd that you already own to your hard drive. If you’re talking about downloaded from the internet then we can’t help you because that’s illegal ;). So for now let’s go with that first assumption. Go to this site and download the dvd copy kit. It has the programs and a guide on how to rip a dvd to hard and get a decent quality. To get perfect quality you would have to burn the dvd to a dual-layer dvd without compression but that’s another story for another time :). As far as the black bars, it may be possible to re-encode the movie in a different aspect ratio (normal versus wide-screen) but it’s not something you want to try to tackle right away because it’s not simple. Learn the basics first.

It is normal to see black bars on top and bottom, it is because of aspect ratio movie was made to.
Wide screen TV is 16:9 (1.78), most movies are made in ratio other than that, up to 2.35. Any movie with different ratio than 1.78 will have black bars on top and bottom, viewed on wide screen TV.
With 4:3 (regular) TV is little different and all depend on your DVD player set up and if DVD is set as Pan and Scan or Letterbox.
To your other question “DVD look like I bought it”, that is impossible, unless you give it to a production house to press it for you instead of burn it, like you will do.

[QUOTE=sweetshazza;2233087]:confused: hi all you brain boxs please help i downloaded a dvd film onto my computer, it1s a good one but has those black lines on the top and bottom of the film, even when i view it in full screen, how do i get rid of thease? [B]and how do i download a film onto a disk so it looks new and like i brought it?[/B] thanks to all who answear,and could you explain in simple terms! has you can tell by this question im no brain box like you good guys[/QUOTE]

What do you want to achieve from that??