Since a while I’m the proud owner of a Lite-On LH-20A1P DVD recorder
on the Secondary Master IDE channel a Win98 system (soon to be upgraded to XP).
Nero InfoTool reports that it has firmware version KL02 inside, and I’ve
noticed that newer versions exist, for example KL0G on forum.rpc1.org
I would like to to upgrade the firmware, but I haven’t done it before yet,
and firmware flashing always carries an inherent risk with it.
I’ve studied the excellent topics on this forum and forum.rpc1.org
and I think I have to do the following:
- use LtnFW make a backup of the current firmware, “just in case”
- use mtkflash under DOS mode as “mtkflash 3 r /b /m KL02.bin” to make another backup
- execute the EXE flasher contained in the DR20KL0G.zip file from forum.rpc1.org
- use LtnRPC to make the drive region free (currently it’s region code 2)
- is the above correct? It looks OK to me but I don’t want to risk a misflash!
- are the backups produced by LtnFW and mtkflash identical and interchangeable?
- I also have a Lite-On LTR-52327S CD recorder with firmware QS01.
Does the above upgrade procedure apply to that drive as well, or are there any
differences, except for the region code removal of course?
Thanks for giving a helping hand,