Newbie and AnyDVD

vbimport

I am building a media computer. It is a Win2K box running a 2GHz Intel P4. I just installed a Plextor 708A after reading reviews here. I’m considering AnyDVD as a means to read DVDs, edit out unwanted content, and get around region codes.

Does this look like a good choice?

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Frihet

I’m considering AnyDVD as a means to read DVDs, edit out unwanted content,
and get around region codes.

Does this look like a good choice?

It definitely does.

There may be a region free firmware available soon…
http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=23154

Hello, BoSkin.

I’m guessing this application can read a DVD and save the file to HD (otherwise how could it be used to edit). Correct?

This means I need only the single 708A to read and write?

Tak!

anydvd doesnt save files to hd. you’ll need a ripping program,to save files on your hdd.anydvd just bypasses certain things thats all. hope this helps abit.

Originally posted by jacen9
anydvd doesnt save files to hd. you’ll need a ripping program,to save files on your hdd.

You don’t need any “ripping program”. Drag & Drop in Windows Explorer or the “copy” command will do just fine.

OK, I installed the trial version and simply copied one of the main .vob files to drive c using Windows Explorer. It copied just fine and plays on PowerDVD. I see how things work. Very simple.

All I need to do now is to figure out just what files are needed to build a stripped down backup.

I’m ready to send my money to the Sly Fox.

George

All I need to do now is to figure out just what files are needed to build a stripped down backup

Try using CloneDVD with AnyDVD. It will make a ‘stripped down backup’ much easier :bigsmile:

I’m ready to send my money to the Sly Fox.

Are you sure about the destination ? :bigsmile:

I assume from where I downloaded the software?

I assume from where I downloaded the software?
I assume it can be d/l from anywhere, perhaps yours from the Sly Fox. :wink:

You need to send money to the smug sheep as well as the sly fox :slight_smile: