Newbie alert Acer drive

vbimport

Hi all,
Yes i am new to cd freaks forum.
Did you search and read the faq? yes.

Did you solve your prob. no

Ok here it goes, I have a good old acer 1832A drive that does Raw DA0 94 and now thanks to olli RAw SAO(I did not tested yet).

I can do one sheep (EFM)
I was wondering if some you nice people got to make a valid

MOHAA (2,51) disk with my drive.? even with aws on it doesn't work.

PLZ help.

PS: I have read on the blindwrite site that RAW SAO is better than RAW DA0 is this true (or drive dependent)

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Newtothis
[B]Hi all,
Yes i am new to cd freaks forum.
Did you search and read the faq? yes.

Did you solve your prob. no[/B]
LOL, hello.[ul][]Did you use CloneCD 4.0.1.3?[]Did you use the Game CD Profile?[]Is the Acer your reader as well?[]If you played from the Acer did you enable “Hide CD-R Media”[]Your OS?[]Did you install and test-play from the original?[*]Anything else you can tell us?[/ul]

:slight_smile: hi, futureProof

I have used clonecd 4 (the one before 4,0,1,3)
I used the default gameCD profile

I used the yamaha 8824E rev 1a (if you read of yamaha site they say that with this revision cd reading is faster, wich is true btw) to read.

I tryed with the hide cd-r in the acer and no go. (sd2 spin spin error)

A my os its win98
the original works fine

I tryed to read it of my yamaha my acer 1832A and my acer 36x
and no go.

I use gigastorage 24X media.

thanks futureProof

PS: did some get any good result with mohaa using a acer?

Originally posted by Newtothis
[B]

PS: did you get any good result with mohaa using a acer? [/B]
Yep. Now, this is going to hurt but I think you need to read MOHAA with the Acer writer. My 1610A takes about 24 minutes. Depending on the firmware, it may be faster BUT it may be slower; it will seem to sit on 1% for a while - just let CloneCD do it’s thing :wink:

Again, just use the Game CD profiles. If you are in the States, you should check the AWS ‘Tool’ sticky pinned to the top of this forum. Have you looked at the ‘must read’ links in my signature? Maybe something needs an update on your system - chipset drivers are a must.

Will do, go to this in the morning.

I will keep you updated.

Thx