Newbee DMA Issues

Well, I am new to the forum and very new bee to all this stuff so I decided to start here…

I own a Compaq Presario computer V2570NR Notebook PC with a
DVR-K15 Pioneer DVDRW V1.11 drive.

I have own this computer for 2yrs now and I have been able to write DVDs of all kinds and brands with no problems at all in the past, I am a very satisfied user of this computer and its features.

I just had to reinstalled windows XP on the computer but after the installation the whole DVD write experience has gone south.

Everytime I start Nero Express software, it reports that DMA is not enable for my drive. I click to enable it, but then it reports that the computer need to be restart for it to take effect, so I restart the computer and try again. Again Nero reports the same DMA issue…

I tried to go to Control Panel, systems, Device Manager, to enable DMA on the DVD drive but I could not find the correct option.

Could someone here help me with this situation…

I know the DVD drive is capable of writing at 8x to my current media, I have done it in the past, but after this reinstall of XP, the OS, Nero and the DVD driver are not getting alone…

Please help…

Is this Nero version OEM or retail and which version?

I suggest you either post the logfile here or use Imgburn instead.

Maybe this thread will help you set dma correctly.

Well, I found a thread link here where it shows to reset the DMA stuff and it works.

I know show device 0 on primary with DMA 5 and device 0 on secondary with DMA 2. No device 1 available on either one for some reason…

But then I noticed the burner is very slow, it took 40min to burn a DVD, but after that was done, I realize that I was burning data froma maxtor external hardrive that connects to the labtop via USB2.

When I burn data from the computer internal hard drive, it does it a max speed of 8x and it takes 15:06min to complete a DVD full of data.

My question one, I pretty much have to back up that maxtor external drive, how can I speed up the process ? At 40min per disk, 200gig will take for ever!

I have also noticed that the CDs are only readable by the computer DVD, I take it to the other computer and ieither it takes a long time to read it or won’t read the disk at all…

I am using NERO Express 6 limited that came with my LG external drive to burn, is there another software that could be better to use in this case ?

I guess my last post did not make it to the forum so I try again…

Could someone tell me how to optain the log file from a burn when using NERO express 6 ?

Also, I am using iMation media DVD-R

You can save that log when Nero finishes the burn or find the latest logs in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero[B]NeroHistory.log[/B]