Newb asks for info

Hi :wink:

I have copied several discs from my collection of games in the past and have noticed that after doing so the discs are only readable with my writer.

One that springs to mind was SOF2. My reader would not even accept that a disc was present in the drive at all, but my writer had no trouble with it at all…

Is this because of my hardware or is it a case of not copying slow enough with clone cd???

:bow: :bow: :bow: Any info or advise most welcomed…

(;o)))))

Writers are known to be more friendly when it comes to playing back-ups of games. This is especially the case with games that are protected with the SafeDisc 2 protection. It could also be that you copied the game at a too high speed and your CD-ROM is having problems reading the disc. Then you should try writing at a lower speed or using quality media. Again writers are also known to be better readers than normal CD-ROMs when it comes to low quality CD-R’s. If the disc isn’t detected at all in your CD-ROM (can you see the contents on the disc in explorer for example) then I think the latter option is the case and your disc is of low quality.

My discs are Imation 32x, so I don’t think they are poor quality. No I cannot open the discs in explorer either when they are in the reader - so it probobally is the speed at which I copy.(;o)))

Could you also advise me on this??? Rather than get loads of coasters, I am burning onto a CD-RW first and then if it works I am burning onto a CD-R. Is this a good method? Or will a CD-RW have more problems than a CD-R???

Oh BTW G@M3FR3@K, that Sadam banner is playing havok with my mouse pointer when it is on…My pointer just flickers all the time while it is present ! None of the other banners do this.

Originally posted by Scarthy
Oh BTW G@M3FR3@K, that Sadam banner is playing havok with my mouse pointer when it is on…My pointer just flickers all the time while it is present ! None of the other banners do this.

I have this problem too.

Originally posted by Scarthy
My discs are Imation 32x, so I don’t think they are poor quality.

Au contraire. I wouldn’t touch Imation media with a 10-meter pole. I bought a pack of those discs and half of the copies I made wouldn’t even work, while my Memorex and Philips media would work perfectly every time.

Do what G@M3FR3@K suggested and lower your recording speed, and do what I suggest and buy new media. I’m 99% certain that will solve your problems. :slight_smile: