New

vbimport

Hi I’m ken from ca and I am trying to get my dvd fab to work that I just bought came to this area as told and I am really lost don’t know how or if this is the right place to statr…

Welcome to the board. There’s a whole section on DVD Fab.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/

this Question should be moved to appropriate forum(DVDFab) as previous poster refer to.

[B]My DVDFAB Platinum Settings Which Work Great For Me[/B]

[B]Read[/B]
[B]I/O Mode: Auto[/B]
[B]Check: Ask Retry/Ignore/Abort When Reading Error[/B]
[B]Retry: 5 Times[/B]
[B]Skip Sectors After Reading Error: 32[/B]
[B]Cache Control: Check Enable Read Ahead[/B]
[B] [/B]
[B]Write[/B]
[B]Write: Burning Engine VSO[/B]
[B]Write Speed: 4X or 8X ( I use Verbatim 16X +R media writing at 8X or 12X)[/B]
[B]DVD Writeable Media: DVD-5 Size 4472 ( less compression )[/B]
[B]DVD-9 Size 8152 (DVD+R DL)[/B]
[B]Write Type: SAO[/B]
[B]Check Booktype To DVD-ROM ( only for DVD+R/RW Media )[/B]
[B] [/B]
[B]Protection[/B]
[B]Check Everything[/B]
[B] [/B]
[B]Path Player[/B]
[B]Enable Path Player when necessary[/B]
[B] [/B]
Hope this helps you

Welcome Ken to CDFreaks

How may we help you?
bean55

Hi Ken
Like bean said welcome, if you a problem with DVDFab you are in the right place for help.
My good friend and fellow member Jimbo has given you the best basic setteings to use already

Hi bean…thanks but my problem is the program starts to load then i get a message that a new version is out…I have windows vista which I’m really getting to dislike…I’m pretty much illiterate when it comes to computers but I can drive trucks…

[QUOTE=krp10;2070589]Hi bean…thanks but my problem is the program starts to load then i get a message that a new version is out…I have [B]windows vista[/B] which I’m really getting to dislike…I’m pretty much illiterate when it comes to computers but I can drive trucks…[/QUOTE]

Hi krp10
Welcome to CDFreaks and the DVDFab forum :flower:
Windows Vista is a great operating system, you stating “which I’m really getting to dislike” it sounds like you are running the Home Premium version in which case dont blame you that version is not good to have.
even though you own the PC and logged in as administrator your account is limited and some actions that can be take by the administrator are in fact disabled, another make money sceam by microsoft.

Anyway please try doing a clean uninstall of DVDFab using the guide below in my signature and download from the link below
http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5028Beta_avangate-689.exe

Hi krp10 and I echo everyone’s welcome to cdfreaks,

As SJ said, his uninstall guide is an excellent tool and you may end up running it. However, you might want to give the following a shot first, as there have been quite a few users with problems very similar to yours.

First off, what fab application are you running…gold?..platinum?..
and which version? Are you current with v.5.0.2.8. Beta?
Be certain that you have downloaded from
DVDFab.com
and not Fab.net. You need the css version, not the non-css version.

It sounds as though you are caught in a continuous loop where the software constantly checks for a new version and never loads.
This is a known problem.

Please run Fengtao’s registry patch here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2066229-post10.html

Hope this helps

[QUOTE=krp10;2070589]Hi bean…thanks but my problem is the program starts to load then i get a message that a new version is out…I have windows vista which I’m really getting to dislike…I’m pretty much illiterate when it comes to computers but I can drive trucks…[/QUOTE]

Listen close to Stormjumper He is the one to follow when it comes to vista.
I can’t help you much there.

Happy Burning

bean55

I take it that all is well for the OP now :slight_smile:

sorry storm jumper I’ve been working a lot of hrs this week and I just got back. I’ll try to clean it out and go to dvsd.com and download again I downloaded from net… Does that mean I have to pay again krp

[QUOTE=krp10;2073133]sorry storm jumper I’ve been working a lot of hrs this week and I just got back. I’ll try to clean it out and go to dvsd.com and download again I downloaded from net… Does that mean I have to pay again krp[/QUOTE]

nope only pay once, one is non-css one is css, use the the one as suggested in your other thread.

If/when you do get it out of the update loop, I’d suggest unchecking the automatically check for updates box. As an avid gamer there’s nothing worse than a ‘forgotten’ automatic update minimizing or crashing a game just when it’s getting good.

Generally one wouldn’t be running DVDFab when gaming, but manually updating…I guess I just prefer to be in control. Usually I just update if a problem arises, as was the case with my DVD Semi-Pro just a little while ago.

And as for paying again, no…you still have a copy of your registration key (hopefully), just re-enter that and you’re good to go. If you don’t have it, contact support and request another copy… http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

[QUOTE=krp10;2073133]sorry storm jumper I’ve been working a lot of hrs this week and I just got back. I’ll try to clean it out and go to dvsd.com and download again I downloaded from net… Does that mean I have to pay again krp[/QUOTE]

Make sure you get the install package from dvdfab.com and not from .net, also before re-installing DVDFab disconnect from your internet access and in common settings >> network try selecting “Manual Proxy Configuration”

thanks for all the info…truly appreciated…I’ll go to work and try and get it up…also any suggestions on making a copy of a dvd that has been scratched…I bought the series and I scratched one thanks ken

[QUOTE=krp10;2073197]thanks for all the info…truly appreciated…I’ll go to work and try and get it up…also any suggestions on making a copy of a dvd that has been scratched…I bought the series and I scratched one thanks ken[/QUOTE]

If the disc is not to badly scratched or has a few minir finger prints you can use a very very soft lint free cloth and wipe from the center hole to the outer edge in a straight motion (do not go in a cicle in the direction of the track made by the dvd burner.
Also with it being scratched your best bet would be to disable PathPlayer in common settings