New Zealand ISP Slingshot offers method to bypass blocking of media sites

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news New Zealand ISP Slingshot offers method to bypass blocking of media sites

Access to restricted media is a problem for many people around the world. The worldwide web often feels dominated by the US and Europe when you live outside those areas. A New Zealand ISP is providing a workaround for their customers.
Read the full article here:http://www.myce.com/news/new-zealand-isp-slingshot-offers-method-to-bypass-blocking-of-media-sites-67684/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

One other ISP tried this last year but it only lasted a week. I suspect the lawyers contacted them. I see that the only NZ pay TV provider Sky has been talking to lawyers about it as well. I suspect this will be short lived unfortunately…

Why these media providers will be so angry, I don’t know. It’s not like other methods of bypassing this crap don’t exist. Seriously, why doesn’t coporate Hollywood just relax and let people do what they will… for once? Why do they insist on making A-- holes of themselves?

Then again, I suppose I shouldn’t be so critical, since they haven’t done anything… yet.

Governments should just declare artificial Market inflation by geo blocking/region locking as unlawful.

This is great imo. Now if only more ISP’s offered innovation like this I wouldn’t be changing every 12 months.