New wireless mouse?

vbimport

Ok, after a few weeks of ticking me off by double clicking the left mouse button in a very annoying fashion, my Logitech M705 finally bit the dust. I’m in the market for a new wireless mouse and want to know if you guys know of a better choice than the M705.

I have large hands, and the M705 is barely big enough for me. Problem is, the last time I went shopping for one, the M705 was the largest one I could find that used AA batteries and came at a reasonable price. I’d rather avoid gaming mice that are rechargeable. I had one in the past and vowed never again.

Logitech seems stuck on models from six years ago and more for their everyday mice, so I’m not too hopeful. If it helps, I also had a Logitech M510 in the past and it was even smaller than the M705.

That would mean you will have to go to a BestBuy and test their mouse to see what size will fit as that and Walmart are the only places I know of that has those on display to see how they fit. Unless you go online and order one but then again one would have to know the right dimension to insure it fits. Also I don’t like rechargeable mouse as if you can’t access the battery it is next to useless for a mouse should the battery go bad and they will eventually. I myself have to at least grip the mouse to know how it fits otherwise it will be too small or too big to hold.

I just recently retired my Wired Logitech Trackman Wheel Mouse because the right click button had gotten “wonky” after continuous use since 2009 when I bought it and to my dismay they had discontinued it and I had to buy the wireless version the M570.

I generally prefer a wired mouse because all I need to do is follow the cord to find it on my messy desk…

^My nephew had one of those wired trackball mice. I absolutely hated it. When he passed away, his computer gear eventually wound up with me, and I’m certain I tossed it years ago, when cleaning out stuff I’d never use.

That type of mouse is definitely a love it or hate it sort of thing.

Hi Kerry

I have had good luck with my Logitech M510 wireless…have you tried this one…

Hey Kip

Yes, I mentioned in my original post that at one time I had the M510. It is even smaller than the M705 and I never found it comfortable to use.

Well, I can tell you what not to use :slight_smile: - Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400
I currently use this as it has a mouse-pad as part of its middle button which makes me able to scroll web-pages sideways as well as up and down.

Now that sounds great initially, but the middle button is hard-coded to bring up the Start menu which is a REAL drag. So this mouse was put away until I found WKey disabler.

The reason I bought it is that I must have smooth scrolling for the mouse wheel (my middle finger starts to hurt when using wobbling non-smooth mousewheels {probably not the correct translation, but you probably understand what I mean}).

I’m also getting close to replacing my wireless mouse yet again and I’m going to try to stay clear of Logitech for the next one.

Every single Logitech mouse I had over the years ended up with the dreaded intermittent double-clicking glitch, where clicking once on the left mouse button randomly delivers a double-click.

My current mouse now giving the double-clicking issue is also the Logitech M705, only purchased about 3 years ago. Indeed this is incredibly annoying particularly when selecting multiple pictures/files and the unexpected double-click triggers the lot to open. :confused:

At my workplace, my PC has a cheapy wireless mouse (clearly not Microsoft or Lgotiech anyway) that I’m fairly sure is about 10 years old with its clumsy USB dongle long before the branded mice started using ‘nano’ size dongles. I’m fairly sure I only had to change its AA batteries twice and I don’t recall it ever giving me an issue, i.e. no unexpected double-clicking and no stuttering, which every Logitech mouse I had also intermittently does. Quite embarrassing considering what I’ve spent on premium Logitech mice over the years.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2782982]Hey Kip

Yes, I mentioned in my original post that at one time I had the M510. It is even smaller than the M705 and I never found it comfortable to use.[/QUOTE]

LOL…I was just reading a thread here about short term memory loss and I guess I am also affected with it…by the time I posted I had forgot what I read in your original post…

Looking at ergonomic mice from Anker right now. They are inexpensive enough that I may just try one out. https://www.anker.com/products/A7809012

I’m sure it will take weeks to get used to it.

Just got the Anker mouse in today and trying it out. By the way, when you put batteries in, make sure to find the on/off switch for the mouse on the bottom. :doh:

This will save a trip to the store for new batteries.

So far, it fits my big paw pretty well, but the position of the hand and wrist will take some getting used to.

Anker makes good stuff. I have a fast charger and a BlueTooth speaker from them. “Product Dimensions :4.9 x 2.4 x 2.7 inches” That is BIG! I use a puny Logitech M325 internet mouse (wheel tilt-clicks for page back or page forward).

I always liked the older style Microsoft Explorer mouse but I don’t know what I’ll do when the one I have eventually packs in.

It’s getting a bit worn out looking now.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I do not use anything thats wireless on my computer. The only wireless thing I own is my cell phone. I truly believe that wireless components have a direct correlation with issues people have on their computers. If you run a 2.4Ghz wireless mouse and you have something else in the house running at that same speed, it will interfere and cause problems. It does make a difference actually, and as more and more wireless devices enter the wireless spectrum, the 2.4Ghz band is becoming a more and more crowded place.

Remember, some wireless devices let you select channels and Android has quite a few programs that will etll you what channels are active on wireless devices nearby so you can set the ones that allow it to use a different one. The Bluetooth MX 5000 combo keyboard I have is really bad for getting interference and the keyboard and mouse dropping signal and stop responding.
I finally gave up and bought a new K530 combo and mouse and keyboard NEVER stop working even if it doesn’t have half the cool features my old one did, at least it always works.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2783408]I do not use anything thats wireless on my computer. The only wireless thing I own is my cell phone. I truly believe that wireless components have a direct correlation with issues people have on their computers. If you run a 2.4Ghz wireless mouse and you have something else in the house running at that same speed, it will interfere and cause problems. It does make a difference actually, and as more and more wireless devices enter the wireless spectrum, the 2.4Ghz band is becoming a more and more crowded place.[/QUOTE]

It’s very handy though Alan plus my wireless network now runs at 5Ghz since I bought the new router.

I’ve a wireless keyboard as well BTW! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Love my wireless mouse I have been using the Logitech M510 for quite awhile now and love the freedom of it.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2783499]It’s very handy though Alan plus my wireless network now runs at 5Ghz since I bought the new router.

I’ve a wireless keyboard as well BTW! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] My wireless network runs at 5.0Ghz also but if the mouse or accessory is not enabled at 5.0Gtz , it will only run at it 2.4Ghz that it was made for.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2783505]My wireless network runs at 5.0Ghz also but if the mouse or accessory is not enabled at 5.0Gtz , it will only run at it 2.4Ghz that it was made for.[/QUOTE]

That’s why I’ve turned off 2.4Ghz WiFi and only enabled 5Ghz WiFi as 2.4Ghz devices are very much less likely to interfere with the WiFi signal.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2783276]By the way, when you put batteries in, make sure to find the on/off switch for the mouse on the bottom. :doh:

This will save a trip to the store for new batteries.[/QUOTE]

LOL, been there, done that - Made me feel just a ‘little’ bit stupid :bigsmile: