New Windows Blue leak reveals that it's Windows 8.1 - minor update

vbimport

New Windows Blue leak reveals that it’s Windows 8.1 - minor update.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2013/04/Ge8RO6.png[/newsimage]A new leak of Windows Blue reveals that Microsoft considers Windows Blue as a relative minor update.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/new-windows-blue-leak-reveals-that-its-windows-8-1-minor-update-66674/](http://www.myce.com/news/new-windows-blue-leak-reveals-that-its-windows-8-1-minor-update-66674/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

So Windows blue will replace current default Metro apps with new versions which contain in-app advertising.

Sounds wonderful.

Does it have the classic start screen as an option or is it even more dumbed down??

[QUOTE=paulw2;2683149]Does it have the classic start screen as an option or is it even more dumbed down??[/QUOTE]
Yes, but you need the new Microsoft Coin Slot accessory to use it…:doh:

I am starting to believe we’ll see the end of the Start Menu structure by Win9. This Win8.1 will make Apps more appealing and help push people from Desktop productivity into Start-Screen Apps sit-back-and-consume.

The Start Menu structure still exists, though. I think about Win9, it may be pruned off entirely, and no one can run a Windows PC without going thru Ballmer’s WinStore first.

It won’t be easy because Microsoft has never told its developer networks the correct information on the first few times, so I see Win8’s App failings as being slightly cleaned up in Win8.1, then in Win9, a bigger move to them - perhaps even something called Multitasking might become fashionable. Back in 1995, it seems like there was a product that tried to introduce us to multitasking.

By Win10, perhaps the Apps will finally work perfectly so only paying subscribers can get their computers to start up. Who said Apple had all the cash in the world?

I’ve already made the switch to Ubuntu on my recently acquired laptop. Now matter how much Microsoft tries to convince us that “old” interfaces are disfunctional, I’ll be able to show people what functionality is anyday!

I hope Windows Blue’s Explorer will finally support file paths longer than 255 characters in length. NTFS support thousands of characters in length. I have to use totalcommander to do file transfers.

Also I hope Explorer will finally use the correct units for file storage. MiB and GiB instead of MB and GB.

That is the source of confusion when everybody complains about a 1TB hard drive only having 931GB of capacity or a 500GB drive only having 465GB of capacity! It is because Windows lies.

I hope Windows Blue’s Explorer will finally support file paths longer than 255 characters in length. NTFS support thousands of characters in length. I have to use totalcommander to do file transfers.

Also I hope Explorer will finally use the correct units for file storage. MiB and GiB instead of MB and GB.

That is the source of confusion when everybody complains about a 1TB hard drive only having 931GB of capacity or a 500GB drive only having 465GB of capacity! It is because Windows lies.

I only bought one copy of Windows 8 Pro 64bit for 39.99 at the beginning so I am not that put off, I haven’t even used it that much I have it on my test rig in the basement.