New weak sectors?

vbimport

What difference is between old SD2 weak sectors and those new ones and why those writers which writed old weak sectors can't write new SD2 sectors? And could it be possible to improve AWS so that it can amplify also new weak sectors?

If you know anything about these things please post here.

the new weak sektors can be amplified with the actual cdmate and blindwrite.

InSOMniA

www.cdcloning.tk

Hi Insomnia.

Is it you that develop Clony?? I tried your link a got to that page. I have tried to download Clony…but I find myself “goin in circles” and never find the actual download link. The layout of your site is a little…confusing, or maybe I´m just plain stupid:)

Originally posted by InSOMniA
[B]the new weak sektors can be amplified with the actual cdmate and blindwrite.

InSOMniA

www.cdcloning.tk [/B]

Huh? When did this happen? So a lot of people who don’t own a LiteOn 24/32/40 speed writer can now make a workable (in all drives) copy of MOHAA with its Safedisk2.51.021 weak sectors???

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]

Huh? When did this happen? So a lot of people who don’t own a LiteOn 24/32/40 speed writer can now make a workable (in all drives) copy of MOHAA with its Safedisk2.51.021 weak sectors??? [/B]

mmm in the last weeks (i don’t know the exact dates, but the actual versions will do it).

and yes some will be able to do it.
the only problem is that not enought people know this (that BR/BW and cdmate do it and clone cd not) … so i don’t get the infos i need for cdcloning.tk :frowning:

to HotBlack:
sorry i made a mistake on the site, under the eng download was the CZ version of clony linked … but this is fixed since yesterday.

Originally posted by InSOMniA
[B]the new weak sektors can be amplified with the actual cdmate and blindwrite.

InSOMniA

www.cdcloning.tk [/B]
BlindWrite still not working with 2.51.021 CD Mate is still hit and miss & I’m using the latest beta version. Works with SD < 2.4. C’mon everyone, test & evaluate before repeating urban myths.

i’ve asked the blindwrite team about this and they say every known sektor gets amplified.

if your burner is able to backup sd2.4 with AWS that doesn’t mean that it is also able to backup sd2.51.xx with an ampfilication of all sectors.

InSOMniA

CloneCD does indeed amplify all weak sectors. It is a mystery as to why it’s copies don’t work, even with the same drives.

All burning programs should do the same type of amplification, shouldn’t they?

They should all send one of the three same commands to the burner, 2F5, 2AH, or AAH, right?

What commands are these?

AWS is a software generated trick/method - not the writers. There are no CD writing commands for this!!

What is happening is the software: CloneCD, Blindwrite, CDmate etc are modifying the data in memory to get certain binary patterns and then present them to the writer so that the writer will write them more or less the way it’s supposed to be written.

see this link SCSI-3 device commands:

http://www.t10.org/scsi-3.htm

Look at MMC-2 or even latest MMC-4, there are no AWS, amplify or EFM fix commands!!

What I mean is, they all use the same mode of writing.

They write the same things, they send the exact same commands and bits to the writer.

It is a mystery, even to Olli, supposedly.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]CloneCD does indeed amplify all weak sectors. It is a mystery as to why it’s copies don’t work, even with the same drives.

All burning programs should do the same type of amplification, shouldn’t they?

They should all send one of the three same commands to the burner, 2F5, 2AH, or AAH, right? [/B]

i only know that the sector amplification of betablocker (still not completly working), cdmate and BW has been modified to also suppport the new weak sectors.

i don’t think olli knew the new weak sectors sd2.5x.xx uses before this protection was on a released cd.
and i haven’t read a statement about this from olli till now.

InSOMniA

Olli has said (On the temporarily dead CloneClinic), that it always amplified all weak sectors. He probably saw this coming, or maybe just got lucky. I’m betting on the frst one.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
Olli has said (On the temporarily dead CloneClinic), that it always amplified all weak sectors. He probably saw this coming, or maybe just got lucky. I’m betting on the frst one.

Indeed, all “weakish” sectors have always been amplified. However, the method used wasn’t that good.
CCD4 BETA analyses the weak sectors better, but it still isn’t perfect. It is a real hell to calculate the Digital Sum Values, trust me!

We are working on a dynamic DSV calculator, but it isn’t ready yet.

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Indeed, all “weakish” sectors have always been amplified. However, the method used wasn’t that good.
[/B]

BTW, from what I have seen CDMate has exactly copied the “CCD3” weak sector modification. (I tried one of the betas some weeks ago).
I hoped that they have found something cool, but they simply used my method from CCD3. Sigh.

> It is a real hell to calculate the Digital Sum
> Values, trust me! We are working on a dynamic
> DSV calculator, but it isn’t ready yet.

Calculating DSV is trivial when you have the
merging bits (I hope you can code an NRZI encoder
and a bit counter). Your problem is more to guess
how the merging bits are chosen, since the
algorithm changes from drive to drive… have fun.

Originally posted by spath
[BYour problem is more to guess how the merging bits are chosen, since the algorithm changes from drive to drive… have fun. [/B]
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought that the EFM Lookup Table (on the chipset) was standard? The Tables I have seen, in text, all appear to be the same

When you check the ecma-130 document there is a nice scheme in one of the appendixes on how to decide which merging-bits need to be used between 2 efm-encoded bytes. Because of electromagnitical/electrical interference (??? or something like that) it is wise to keep the digital sum value of the bits as close as possible to zero. These merging bits are used for this task (besides keeping up the efm constraints between 2 efm-encoded bytes)

So from what I understand from ECMA-130, this behaviour is described in the standard and this means that cd-writer manufacturers have to follow this standard in order to be compliant with ECMA-130… I think! (unless the ECMA-130 isn’t compliant with the different color-books, but I doubt that…) So the choosing of the merging bits can be pretty complicated but is standardized…

BTW, what is a NZRI-encoder?

:smiley:

An NRZI encoder is essentially used to maintain sync between a sender and receiver in computer devices. USB 1 & 2 uses this, and I suppose that it must also be used in SCSI devices too.

Now CloneCD can handle SD 2.51 but is there more weak sectors that haven’t yet been used? And would CloneCD be able to amplify also them?

All weak sectors have always been amplified, it just didn’t always work. So we’ll have to wait and see.