New version of DVDPlusIdentifier released - solves compatibility problems

vbimport

I just posted the article New version of DVDPlusIdentifier released - solves compatibility problems.

DVD Plus Identifier" retrieves and interprets the ADIP of DVD+R and DVD+RW discs. The ADIP contains a variety of parameters such as disc manufacturing information and supported write…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6439-New-version-of-DVDPlusIdentifier-released---solves-compatibility-problems.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6439-New-version-of-DVDPlusIdentifier-released---solves-compatibility-problems.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

very sorry to say, still no workieworkie with my HP dvd200i… [17:50:48] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 1 (Original ADIP) [17:50:48] ADIP Read M1 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05:24:00] [17:50:48] ADIP Read Method 1 Not Supported ; Firmware Upgrade Is Recommended [17:50:48] ** Initiating ADIP Retrieval Method 2 (Copy Of ADIP) [17:50:54] ADIP Read M2 Failed : Medium error - Positioning error [03:15:00] [17:50:54] ADIP Read Method 2 Requires A Written DVD+R/+RW Disc There´s a written dvd+rw in the drive fyi, and latest firmware upgrade is there too Edit: after several tries it all of a sudden worked OK:-)…makes me happy…
[edited by E-Buzz on 18.08.2003 17:59]

Actually, it appears your drive was somehow having trouble reading this particular disc. I would be very surpised if the problem persisted with another disc (or if you would also need that much retries on another disc). In fact, when I developed this tool I also did some regular testing on the HP dvd200i and it always worked from the 1st time (Method 2 that is).

Yes, that can very well be the case here, kinda bad disc…its working 100% now, tried with a couple of other discs and its flawless:-)

It now works with the Lite-ON LDW-401S at least on burned discs like other programs could.