New version of AnyDVD! 5.2.6.1

vbimport

5.2.6.1, 2005 06 18

• New: Added support for a new version of the “Sony ARccOS
    protection” as found on “Closer” R2 (German) to the
    option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
    (it should really work now, at least with CloneDVD).
  • New: Improved behaviour after wakeup from standby on
    notebook computers. AnyDVD is now fully compatible with
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
  • Fix: Problem introduced in 5.2.2.1 - registration keys were
    not accepted in some configurations
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Get it here

great announcement! I shall d/l it. :wink:

I’m not sure what it means by “now compatible with MCE 2005”, it’s always installed on MCE 2005 and worked.

yo, and now it’s officially possible… :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

• is there any other difference to 5.2.5.1 (which never got official) besides “Fix: Problem introduced in 5.2.2.1 - registration keys were not accepted in some configurations” ?

• the english Changelog sais: “it should really work now, at least with CloneDVD”
    german Chanelog: “it should really work now, also with CloneDVD”
    I guess the translator was wrong, wasn’t he/she ?

Very cool proggie and timely updated too :slight_smile: .

Olli, if you’re around here, I’m posting this so you know. I was using AnyDVD5261 to decrypt and 1click v4209 to reauthor/compress, and 1click only got to 25% complete before it started saying ‘skipping bad sector’ after bad sector. I was able to work around this problem by activating AnyDVD and using DVDDecrypter to do the rest. Anyway, here’s the screens I’ve seen you ask for before. I will contact support for this, but in case you’re here, I’ll post it here. If you aren’t, I’ll post the link to this thread wherever I can find you’re active. :wink:

Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

<ot>
“Real Women Have Curves” ?!?
what kind of movie is this? :stuck_out_tongue:
</ot>

razor nice aviater the bouncin’ :cool: s quite hypnotic after awhile

It’s a HBO movie they put on DVD, that’s Hispanic-themed, about this girl from the barrio who wants to go to college, but her mom and sister want her to work in the dressmaking factory. It’s kind of a ‘chick flick’ to the degree it’s more female-based, but it’s about the traditional Latina vs. the modern Latina. The lead role is with America Ferrera, the same one in the “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,” I think it’s called. Anyway, I’m a Spanish instructor, part Latino also, so I collect many Hispanic-themed movies that are the better ones to show. At some later date, I may even use them as teaching tools in the classroom. Good Latino-based films are not easy to come by. Some are way too violent and others way too ‘racy’ or ‘adult-themed’ to show

with an avatar like that what a question… :bigsmile:

LOL, i cant seem to take my eyes off of it.

everyytime i install the ver.5.2.6.1 it comes up with the no dvd drive warning I’ve updated my firm ware , totaly removed the program and registry then when i reinstall same problem. This is happening on both of my computers. One has a plextor and the other has a liteon can any one help???
Never had any problems till this version.

@ krt,

Suggest viewing the below posting. This might prove to be helpful in correcting your problem.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140695

Best Regards,
bjkg

@Krt

What does the warning say.

Warning!
No Dvd Drive Detected!
Possible Reasons:

1. You Don’t Have A Dvd Drive, Buyone.
  2. You Have’nt Rebooted The System After Anydvd Was Installed, Reboot The System.
  3. Your External Drive Is Not Powered On Or Is Not Properly Connected.
  4. There Is A Problem Installing The Anydvd Driver. If This Is The Case Try This;
    Uninstall
    Reboot
    Install Anydvd
    Reboot

And Like I Said Everything Worked Fine Till This Version Including #4 Plus Cleaned Widows Registry Before Reinstalling Anydvd!!

installed the 5.2.7.1 ver same problem so uninstalled that installed older version no problems. I only get this warning on start up. My comp is also slower on startup!!! Also deleated a butload of programs still get the warning!!! I’m stumped

@ krt,

As stated in the Warning displayed by AnyDVD it appears that something is messed up when the AnyDVD driver is installed. Suggest trying the below procedure.

1.Check whether AnyDVD is running: “Start”>“Run”>type: msconfig. If it is running, uncheck the box and restart Windows.
2.Uninstall AnyDVD.
3.“Start”>“Run”>type: regedit. In regedit: “Edit”>“Find”>type : AnyDVD. Erase (but be careful) all AnyDVD hits.
4.Restart the computer.
5.Install AnyDVD’s newest version.

If that didn’t work view the below posting and try what is suggested by Forum member The Black Wizard.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1015330&postcount=7

Best Regards,
bjkg

did all that still same thing

Use regedit. Go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Delete “LowerFilters” and “UpperFilters”. (If they exist)
Reinstall AnyDVD.
Reboot.