New version notification

is there any way to be told when a new non-beta version is released.

I don’t use the auto-update setting as I have been around long enought to remember when that causes lots of problems.

I just want to know about new releases automatically rather than have to drop by here to check, or to be able to click a “check for update” button in the program ( does not seem to be one ? ) if that is possible ?

[QUOTE=cybmole;2447152]is there any way to be told when a new non-beta version is released.

I don’t use the auto-update setting as I have been around long enought to remember when that causes lots of problems.

I just want to know about new releases automatically rather than have to drop by here to check, or to be able to click a “check for update” button in the program ( does not seem to be one ? ) if that is possible ?[/QUOTE]

Hi cybmole

To my knowledge DVDFab does not and never did have an auto update feature :confused:
however it does have on the general settings page “Check for new version automatically” which checks only once a week and will only notify you when one is available and will not auto update on it’s own.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2447158]Hi cybmole

To my knowledge DVDFab does not and never did have an auto update feature :confused:
however it does have on the general settings page “Check for new version automatically” which checks only once a week and will only notify you when one is available and will not auto update on it’s own.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]
OK - my confusion as to exactly how that feature worked- but that is the feature that once upon a time put DVDFAB into some infinite loop. that was a while ago back in v5 or maybe even in v4 so I’ll risk ticking it now !

thanks

You shouldn’t have any problems with it cybmole as I’ve never seen any queries relating to this in recent versions.

[B]Wombler[/B]