New Version DVD2one V2.1.4 (February 13, 2008)

vbimport

Hello Folks,

Mr. Erwin van den Berg and the folks at Eximius have been hard at work and have recently released a new version of DVD2one V2.1.4 (February 13, 2008) ->

http://www.dvd2one.com/files/setup_dvd2one214.exe

Below is a change log ->

DVD2one V2.1.4 (February 13, 2008)

PC: Fixed priority setting.
PC: Added manifest for XP controls.
PC burnengine: Added disk insert notification disabling and support for +R DL.
Mac: Fixed handling of burn -6 error.
Remember burnimage path for ‘Burn DVD-image’ menu option.
Remember drivename in case there are more than 1 writers.
Changed way empty cells are automatically removed from cell list in movie-only mode.
Added full disc scan for full disc mode. This might help when the output size is too big or too small.
Added Polish language (thanks to Maciej Bojakowski).
Removed hostname lookup from startup to avoid possible delay (thanks to Jim Hoyt for the tip!).

Best Regards,
bjkg

Very Nice

Thankyou very much, it has been updated on our front page so everyone can read all about it. I really like this program, it has a very small footprint and work very well.:iagree:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Copy-DVD-Movie-Software/Erwin-vd-Berg/DVD2one.html

Just got done trying this new version, its as good as ever, thanks for posting this bjkg.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1999995]Thankyou very much, it has been updated on our front page so everyone can read all about it. I really like this program, it has a very small footprint and work very well.:iagree:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Copy-DVD-Movie-Software/Erwin-vd-Berg/DVD2one.html[/QUOTE]

It’s also the fastest transcoder available. :cool:

Great piece of programming.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[quote=Wombler;2000466]It’s also the fastest transcoder available. :cool:

Great piece of programming.

[B]Wombler[/B][/quote]
It sure is, I will still never understand how they got this program all into a file that is less than 1mb. LOL.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2001290]It sure is, I will still never understand how they got this program all into a file that is less than 1mb. LOL.[/QUOTE]

According to the blurb it was written entirely from scratch without relying any existing code or open source material.

The reason it’s so fast is that the time critical portions are writtten in assembly language which is very small and very efficient but a bit more of a pain for programmers.

Seems crazy now but I remember when this program first came out (I first registered in 2003) the Net was awash with people who just wouldn’t believe it was possible for it to be so fast. :slight_smile:

The remarkable thing is it hasn’t been bettered since speed wise even after all that time hence my admiration for it’s efficiency.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi All,

I have DVD2one [B]X2[/B] v 2.0.6 from 2005

What the [B]X2[/B] means?

Also, I can’t manage to erase the empty cells. Is something I’m missing?
Yes, I’m NOT a tech brain… :wink:

Thanks for any input.

[QUOTE=Charliot;2034151]Hi All,

I have DVD2one [B]X2[/B] v 2.0.6 from 2005

What the [B]X2[/B] means?..

.[/QUOTE]

It is the v2 for the Mac.

[quote=Wombler;2001337]According to the blurb it was written entirely from scratch without relying any existing code or open source material.

The reason it’s so fast is that the time critical portions are writtten in assembly language which is very small and very efficient but a bit more of a pain for programmers.

Seems crazy now but I remember when this program first came out (I first registered in 2003) the Net was awash with people who just wouldn’t believe it was possible for it to be so fast. :slight_smile:

The remarkable thing is it hasn’t been bettered since speed wise even after all that time hence my admiration for it’s efficiency.

[B]Wombler[/B][/quote]
I agree with everything you say Wombler, it is an amazing piece of software. Kudos to the author. I wish he would stop by once and awhile. I have a bunch of questions I would love to ask him LOL.:clap:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2036429]I agree with everything you say Wombler, it is an amazing piece of software. Kudos to the author. I wish he would stop by once and awhile. I have a bunch of questions I would love to ask him LOL.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Actually it surprises me that Erwin doesn’t frequent here especially considering the number of other online forums elsewhere that he participates in.

ReneB used to answer queries here in an official capacity but hasn’t posted in a long time and I’m not sure if Erwin is even registered at CDFreaks.

He’s easy enough to get hold of though if you’re interested in contacting him.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have a bunch of questions I would love to ask him LOL

Email him or join http://www.dvd2one.com/forum/

Regards