NEW VERSION BETA: Generic Modes

There is nothing professional about the new interface, the old interface happens to be more professional then the new one!!! Now I don’t mean to complain but all these changes have nothing to do with the problem at hand, the GENERIC MODES still do not work. Now I have noticed other people complaining about this, and still no one cares to check it out. It seems to me all people care about is the cosmedic change of the program. It also seems that the problem of of the GENERIC MODES is going to be ignored!! If it seems I’m pissed your right I am!! I have been using this program since it’s conception, and up untill now have been very pleased with it. I have rolled back to 3.1.8.0 it does what it is suppose do period.

Hi SWB048,
I understand your frustrated situation. Not all works perfectly for me. But i can life with it (I have problems with subtitels from DVD, no problems from HD).

I don’t clear understand your problem. :confused: What is your trouble, DVDtoDVD or DVDtoMobile? What happens ? Freezing, shoot down or others ?

SWB048 wrote,
“There is nothing professional about the new interface, the old interface happens to be more professional then the new one!!! Now I don’t mean to complain but”…

but it looks cool right!..I don’t remember the last time I had probs with FAB for my backups, but I use other proggies for DVD to avi/xvid/divx…so I can’t comment on that…

Please link posts to “other people complaining”-it seems as people have tried to help but you do not give much for follow-ups as to what has been suggested. Please post your failed burn logs,computer specs.,and the stuff you are trying to convert(are they downloaded files,already burned disks,or original disks). The titles would also help. Also the exact settings you are trying to use.

I’m going to explain with a clear head, when you try to use the Generic Modes, no matter which one, or with which dvd, it generates a report with no errors and terminates the program. when you use 3.1.8.0 this does not happen all Generic modes work,like they should!! You end up with a great looking AVI file!! All profiles work in all modes of Generic mode and iPod ect… in 3.1.8.0, but not in new version including the new beta!! How more specific do you wand me to be DVDFab Platinum 3.1.8.0 is the only version that works right!

If you will not post what was ask for politely then I guess as far as I am concerned you are on your own as I have no problems that setting tweaks have not fixed with the newest version.

What is it you would like to know?

Please post your failed burn logs,computer specs.,and the stuff you are trying to convert(are they downloaded files,already burned disks,or original disks). The titles would also help. Also the exact settings you are trying to use.

There are no burn logs as the program did not generate one, the program terminated with a report screen to fengtao at dvdidle.com, as far as I can tell he has all the crash reports.

I guess you just can not or will not post the rest at least-no help here. Maybe someone else has a crystal ball.

how can I post what the program did not give me?

I’m getting very sluggish encoding with my new build (1X) using PVP mode for my ZenW with 4.0.0.0beta. So back to 3.1.8.0 i go. At least it runs 3X encoding.

How about the REST that was ask for? Is this a game or do you want help?
,computer specs.,and the stuff you are trying to convert(are they downloaded files,already burned disks,or original disks). The titles would also help. Also the exact settings you are trying to use

I have done some tests in DVDtoMobile/Generic Mode with generic.avi.audiocopy profile and DVDFab 4000beta. It’s a bit slower than the 3180 version, but it works fine for me. Sorry, i can’t help you btw. can’t figure out your problem.

PLEASE NOTE: You can use booth versions at the same time. First install the old version in another directory and rename the link (like DVDFab3 or so). Then install the new version in a different directory.
Now, if you installed a never DVDFab, the 3180 is still on your HD, only the newer will be updated. If you have trouble, you can switch everytime to your old version. This helps me a lot and works stable for me. If you want deleting the old version, you can do this simply with explorer or other software.

It is a movie call Stripes I own, want to make a aviwhen you load the the disk and go into Generic mode foe ac3 or mp3 to make this avi, the program terminates with a report screen to dvdidle.com and does not generate a errorlog.

The type of crash with no report screen has only happened to me in DVD to Mobile if there was a problem with the profiles (missing, corrupt, misnamed etc.) but these should have been re-written when you installed the new version. The one I have tested in Generic worked fine for me (xvid+MP3). Check to see if they are installed where DVDFab expects them to be (C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 3\Profiles). Open the one you are having trouble with in Notepad and see if it seems to be intact. You might also try installing and running the new version with AV and Firewall disabled.

If it is just this movie then I would say bad disk

no, it’s all disks and including mounted ones from a iso.

When you load ISO, just the file not mounted to a virtual drive, does it play in the preview window?

yes it does.