New Version AnyDVD 5.9.0.0 (Beta?)

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD5900.zip

Password Zip: ripper

5.9.0.0, 2006 02 09

• Important: When installing this version over an existing
    installation, you must reboot your machine. Otherwise the changes
    made in the AnyDVD device driver will not have any effect!
  • New: Added workaround for DVDShrink / Nero Recode “Out of memory”
    error when copying Macrovision RipGuard protected discs with
    menus, e.g. “Madagascar” R1 (US)
  • New: Error zones on RipGuard/Arccos/PuppetLock protected titles are
    now replaced with “valid material”. 3rd party tools like DVDDecrypter
    will now work better (no more “Pack Header Error” messages - another try,
    this time it should really work).
  • Note: To use DVDDecrypter with AnyDVD set I/O Model to SPTI or ElbyCDIO.
    Set CSS Cracking method to none. Disable checking for structure
    protection.
  • New: Added “AnyDVD Ripper”. This little tool repairs defective DVDs
    while copying them to your harddisk. It can be started from the menu of
    the AnyDVD fox icon.
    It is identical to FixVTS (http://www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS/) but instead
    of fixing problems “in place” it copies the files to your harddisk directly
    from the source DVD. It fixes the problems while the files are copied.
    Some DVDs which have severe mastering defects e.g.,
    “Menace II Society” R1 (US) can now be copied with all DVD copy tools
    (elby CloneDVD, DVDShrink, etc.) Many thanks to the author of FixVTS!
    “AnyDVD Ripper” is a tool intended as a “last resort”. It is not
    beautiful, and some of its messages cannot be localized yet.
  • Fix: Hang after update check with some system configurations

<3Slysoft<3

I love you, too! :flower: :wink:

Of for the love of God, would you two get a room?! :smiley: LOL!

YES! now this is finally getting somewhere :kiss:

ROFLMAO! Didn’t you say you had a boyfriend? Won’t he wonder what James is doing under the bed or something? :smiley:

always room for more :wink:

haha jk. if i showed him this thread, he’d just tell me i’m a huge nerd and to turn the damn computer off once in a while.

the guy doesn’t even have a cell phone.

opposites attract i guess, right haha.

LOL! Fortunately for me my wife likes PC’s although not quite as much as I do. At least she understands why I’m always on mine. :smiley:

I love slysoft products…Keep the updates pumpin…

he knows i have a soft spot for geeky dudes. he asks me every day why the hell I’m still with him when I spend all my time on message boards haha. he says i’m too cute and too dorky to date someone as cool ::cough:: and arrogant::cough:: as him.

James can be my second boyfriend…

ok maybe i should just give up and get myself a slysoft groupie avatar…

do software developers have groupies?

Um, I haven’t so far, no. I’ve been a developer for 10 years now and not once have I had a groupie. I can honestly say it’s a pretty hot thought though. :smiley:

sorry hun, i’m too young for you…the only thing I’ve been for the last 10 years is umm… over the age of 11? hahaha

ok, no more flirting for me. i’ve just been killing time waiting for my boyfriend to get home from the gym :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO! I’m well aware you’re too young for me. I’m going to be 33 next week and I have a 13 year old step daughter. :slight_smile: Nonetheless, the IDEA of a software developer groupie is still pretty hot. :slight_smile:

haha i know. i was just joking! funny story though…i have a friend who is 21 and has a 23 year old step mother…mid-life crisis much?

Dear God. That’d just freak me out.

haha you?! poor guy is like traumatized because his mom is pretty hot…

anwayyy…

so about that anydvd update…

Anyone have any ideas when this version is going out of beta and out to the general public? I’m always a little leary of anything beta. Call me chicken I guess.

usually from the time James releases something in beta to this forum, it’s only a day or two until it’s up on the slysoft site.

a couple people have used the ripping function to successfully process otherwise un-workable discs with dvd shrink, so it does seem to be working as it should!

I’m slightly more reckless in my updating, but I definitely understand wanting to wait. Based on past releases, my guess is this will be on the anydvd site by Saturday at the latest (unless James has some tricks up his sleeve to add/change before then)

When is this new AnyDVD ripper function necessary? I always copy the DVD to hard drive first anyway. When doing this, is it better to use the AnyDVD ripper function instead of just copy and paste?

supposedly the ripper is a last resort type of thing. it’s essentially the same as “copy and paste” but it fixes mastering errors in the process. I believe the main drive behind this addition is the constant “invalid navigation structure” and “out of memory” errors with dvd shrink and nero recode on many newer titles.

it performs the same process as Fix VTS while copying to your hard drive. Slysoft seems to still recommend using a proper ripper designed for ripping though since this feature is new and might not be 100% reliable.