New Verbatim Discs Don't Look Good

I have been printing images on older Verbatim CD-Rs and they looked very good. The images are downloaded images that are optimized for lightscribe burning. Recently, I purchased both Verbatim DVD+R DL #96689 and Verbatim DVD+R #95091. When I burn the same image that looked so good on the older Verbatim CD-Rs on the new Verbatim DVDs, they don’t look nearly as good. The image is faint and almost slightly blury. I am using an Asus DRW-1814BLT drive which has the latest firmware update. I have also updated to the latest lightscribe software. I’m using both Nero and Lightscribe Template Labeler with the same results. Can anyone help explain what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.

I’m replying to my own post:

In another forum, someone posted that this problem is inherent to the DVD media. Due to the surface difference between CDs and DVDs, the CDs will always come out better than the DVDs. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=buylow;2312004]I’m replying to my own post:

In another forum, someone posted that this problem is inherent to the DVD media. Due to the surface difference between CDs and DVDs, the CDs will always come out better than the DVDs. Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hogwash, to put it bluntly. The printing surfaces are the same.