New (UNOFFICIAL!) Profiles for Blackberry Storm, LG Dare/Voyager

vbimport

Attached are DVD to Mobile Profiles for the Blackberry Storm and LG Dare/Voyager cellphones. These are unofficial, not supplied or approved by DVDFab, but work well for me. Both make H264+AAC MP4 files. To add them, download and change the file suffix from .txt to .xml and put them in the Profiles folder in …\Program Files\DVDFab 5… They will appear under the “Cellphone” device.

Whoo Hoo!
Nicely done signals and thanks!
Now, if I can figure a way to “lift” my wife’s BlackBerry…:bigsmile:

Seriously, I suspect this will work on a Curve 8300, but if we were talking about your wife, would you chance it?..:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL She has the LG Voyager. That profile was tested [I]very[/I] carefully. Bryan got a Storm today. Slick gadget and the movies look nice. No 8300 available for testing :frowning: You’re on your own!

please walk newbe thru the process of how to do this i am confused but i have a voyager and would like to make this work.
any help thanks.

[ol]
[li]click the attachment[/li][li]click save attachment[/li][li]navigate to C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\Profiles[/li][li]save type as All Files[/li][li]change extension to .xml[/li][li]in dvdfab look for profile under DVD to Mobile - Cellphone[/li][/ol]

thanks for quick reply but im still stuck on how to save type as all,im sorry to be so green on this can you step me thru more thouroly please.
thanks for the help.

Toroman
Do what Troy outlined, just don’t change the file type when the Save dialog box comes up. Save them to the Profiles folder. Don’t forget to change the file suffix to .xml or DVDFab will not recognize the file.

iI figured it out. trying it now thanks for your help an patience.

Great, hope it works for you. Post in this thread if you experience any problems.

just don’t change the file type when the Save dialog box comes up.

why not?

[QUOTE=maineman;2188899]Whoo Hoo!
Nicely done signals and thanks!
Now, if I can figure a way to “lift” my wife’s BlackBerry…:bigsmile:

Seriously, I suspect this will work on a Curve 8300, but if we were talking about your wife, would you chance it?..:p[/QUOTE]

Here is the profile I have been using for my BB 8310 Curve for almost a year. It is set to the optimal settings for the curve. The MP4s also look really good on my daughters new Samsung Eternity as well.

This is a very frugal profile and makes a small file but they still look perfect on the BB and Samsung.

Pick 320x240 for 4:3 and 320x176 for 16:9. Also make sure fps is 24 for the BB. Sometimes DvdFab reverts to 23.97 even though 24 is the default.

bb.mpeg4.aac.xml.txt (889 Bytes)

Still can’t get this to work for voyager! Tells me i can’t store file in this spot!help??? PLEASE WA:K ME THROUGH STEP BY STEP AGAIN! How do you change to .xml?

[quote=corybernal;2189535]Still can’t get this to work for voyager! Tells me i can’t store file in this spot!help??? PLEASE WA:K ME THROUGH STEP BY STEP AGAIN! How do you change to .xml?[/quote]What version of windows do you have? Is it windows or something else telling you that you can’t store the file? To change it to .xml, just place the mouse over the file name and single left click. The file name will be highlighted in blue. Single left click again and the file name will be outlined and a cursor will appear. Move the cursor using the arrow keys until it is between the period and the “t” in txt. Press Delete 3 times. Type “xml” (without the quotes) and press Enter. The default location for the file should be: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\Profiles.

by default windows will hide the extensions for known file types. so its just easier to change the extension when saving.

[ol]
[li]with a folder open[/li][li]click tools[/li][li]folder options[/li][li]view tab[/li][li]un-check hide extensions for known file types[/li][/ol]

Was there a similar post for the Blackberry Bold? I am not sure if it has a bigger screen then the 8300, and I am getting one tomorrow.

Let me know.

The Bold is 2.5" 480x320, the Storm is 3.2", 480x360. Storm is also GSM/CDMA. Don’t know about the others, there may be other differences.

Sorry for sounding dumb. I just can’t figure out how to change the extension from txt to xml. I’m sure its going to be one of those things right in front of me. Thanks for any help.

on the file just change the .txt at the end of the file to .xml by right clicking on it and select “Rename” :bigsmile:

told ya it was right in front of me. Thanks, its just been one of those days!!!

will this work with dvdfab 6? took a chance and yes it will. which brings me to a new question. what is the maximum workable bitrate for the storm? is the 1200 setting the max that will work or can i go up to lets say 1500 for a better picture?