New TY packaging?

I see the new 48x Fuji 50ct cake boxes no longer have the characteristic TY spin-off nut on the top. the box seems a bit smaller too. Still says “Made In Japan”, and appears to be TY. I also notice a slightly different shape to the top of the box than the CMC box. Any body seen any other TY discs packaged in this new box?

The new package for Fujifilm’s 50-pack discs is very similar to the 100-pack spindles used by TDK and Memorex for their TY made discs. It’s still easy to distinguish from other manufacturers’ package.

The discs themselves are the same as the old package, the following ATIP is from the new Fujifilm package:

Manufacturer : Taiyo Yuden
Code : 97m24s01f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 1: Long Strategy (Cyanine, AZO)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.72
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : not tested

you are right, from Aug 2002 all TY manufactured CDR come with new cake box, the spin-off nut lock is now part of the history!!

I’ve just seen some newer 48x Fuji that have the spin-on nut again!! They’re messing with our heads!

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I’ve just seen some newer 48x Fuji that have the spin-on nut again!! They’re messing with our heads!

Maybe TY is slowly losing their nuts? :slight_smile:

(Man, these CDs just don’t seem the same since they lost their nuts… :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks for the info guys, I saw the new package of 48x Fuji TYs in Best Buy (on sale again this week, US $12.99, 2.99 after $10 mail in rebate), and headed here to see if these are still TY discs. Next stop is Best Buy to pick up a spindle - I’m down to 2 or 3 on one of the spindles I picked up in August…

They also have the 100 packs on sale here, but some of them are the older 24x media.