New to Video Capture ... No Sound

vbimport

Hi all I just purchase a TVR PCI TV Tuner Card …

It’s a Sabrent SAA 7130 I get video fine, but no sound … the instruction don’t give must info on how to hook up a VCR … I can’t hook up the audio from the vcr to the audio on the card because the plugs are different … and I see no adapter … I have the line in from the computer hook into the audio out on the card, but no sound … can anyone help me with this?:sad:

You probably need a dual ‘RCA’ to stereo ‘mini’ plug cable to connect the VCR audio up. such as this one

Yeah … I did some more research and that seems to be the case … luckily I found one for $5 to the door … thanks … you would think the capture card manufacturer would give instructions on what would be need to hook up the vcr …

Thank so much for the input.:iagree::clap:
:flower:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2477107]You probably need a dual ‘RCA’ to stereo ‘mini’ plug cable to connect the VCR audio up. such as this one[/QUOTE]

Oh wow … I just saw your post! I wish I had saw it before I ordered … I paid twice as much for the same cable! … some times I don’t see a post when I’m in a thread until later … oh well …:sad::doh:

Oh well, MonoPrice is a good store. Maybe next time.

I bookmarked the store so definitely next time … I do get sound now by the way … I’m just not sure about the setting in the TVR software. What is the setting for playback and record? I have CD audio for playback and in line for recording … is that right?:confused:

If you’re looping back the TV audio output, it should be set for line in on playback…

Happy Halloween! :iagree: I’m not using the TV at all just the VCR … would that make a difference?:confused:

[QUOTE=spirittoo;2481026]Happy Halloween! [/QUOTE]
:eek: Did I fall into a time warp?

[QUOTE=spirittoo;2481026] I’m not using the TV at all just the VCR … would that make a difference?:confused:[/QUOTE]
It shouldn’t make any difference at all, but try it and make sure…

Happy Halloween!

Too much Halloween punch/candy on New Years eve?
Cheers!..:bigsmile:

something like that:iagree::clap::bigsmile: